Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to expect in 2012

The main thing that scares me is the d losing so much. We lose dre, Lester then seniors from secondary and that's Lester telling me.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see just how good LSU's offense and LB corps is next year.

They lose both guards and a TE along the line, and in all likelihood Rueben Randle at WR. While neither of their QBs lit people up, they're losing a lot of experience at those positions. Met's thrown 11 passes this year. Not much to go on there...

On defense they lose Brandon Taylor, who is a major player at S, and a major contributor at LB in Ryan Baker, but their brutal Defensive Line stays intact.

Really, their defense will be sick next year, with few holes to fill. Their OL *might* be a liability, with 2 starters and 3 more backups graduating (their C position loses both back ups) meaning an injury along the line could be costly. Hard to tell at this time.

At this stage it really looks like they'll be just as good if not better on D, but they may take a drop on offense depending on a lot of factors. With the interior of their OL changing so much, probably see them taking those RBs to the edges a lot more often.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    We will lose our nose and possibly our 2 defensive ends if Williams leaves.
    Square is the other DE opposite Williams, and I don't think he's leaving is he? He's been a very solid DE for us, but doesn't seem like enough to leave early...

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    If we keep Barrett and Lester I'll feel much better. Those are the only two that I think might come back out of the players eligible to declare and could really help us stay on top if they return.

Michigan, UGA and LSU all concern me.
    LSU will have a first year quarterback. Michigan is overrated. UGA is the only one that concerns me.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

TTT
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post
    LSU will have a first year quarterback. Michigan is overrated. UGA is the only one that concerns me.
    LSU's defense will still be incredible. We can't discount that it will keep them in every game, regardless if their QB is good or not.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: What to expect in 2012

Man I love the Saban Era...in the hunt every year. Our fortunes next year will depend on the offensive and defensive lines. Add quarterback play, a huge missing intangible from 2010 (LEADERSHIP) and injury luck and we may be right there within striking distance late next season. Our offense will be better in the form of a down field passing threat. We will miss Trent but Hart will be a star. The D will be good but not as great as they are this year. All in all it will be a team and season to look forward to...like it is every year in the Saban Era.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Man I love the Saban Era...in the hunt every year. Our fortunes next year will depend on the offensive and defensive lines. Add quarterback play, a huge missing intangible from 2010 (LEADERSHIP) and injury luck and we may be right there within striking distance late next season. Our offense will be better in the form of a down field passing threat. We will miss Trent but Hart will be a star. The D will be good but not as great as they are this year. All in all it will be a team and season to look forward to...like it is every year in the Saban Era.
    This seems generally on target. Sub Lacy for Hart. These are the new "good old days."

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

TooCool Re: What to expect in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    This seems generally on target. Sub Lacy for Hart. These are the new "good old days."
    Agreed Add the redshirts from this year with sprinkles of some outstanding true freshmen that will sign in January and it will be an exciting team to watch.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Second Team bama backer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: What to expect in 2012

I do like the thought of a #15 National Championship in 2012but if the S.E.C. decides to schedule our opponents(including Texas A.& M.and Missouri) with an idle week before they play us next year then all bets areoff. Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American buzzincuzzin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Next year you could aTm and Mizzu two weeks off and it wouldn't matter to me.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post

Michigan's overrated. UGA is a concern.

LSU's first year QB next year is no different from GMac/AJ. They'll be a concern. They're always tough to beat.

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be excited to see Dee Hart healthy & Blake Sims on the field more. I only got a chance to see Blake play a few plays this year and had 4 carries for 74 yards against Ole Miss. He looked explosive.
    Any chance to see him on the field during the BCSNCG?