What to expect in 2012

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Tidewarrior, I really like your post, that is about as in-dept analysis as I have seen. You just never know Who is going to step up and shine like Smelley did this year. But I will respectfully add I just see AJ really having a Great year. I hope we don't lose ANY of our coaches because that will play a huge part of our success.

I think the play time a lot of the young guys got this year will pay off.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I expect no less than this year. Not being a homer just I follow our recruiting to well and know what has been chomping at the bit to see the field. I also remembering seeing in one of our last few games JessN showed our depth chart and it had like 38 freshman and sophmores in the 3 deep this year and that did not include some players like Arie, Cyrus, and Hart. This team is stacked the scary part on D I think we are only getting better.

Players to watch out for coming in that could see the field early are Eddie Williams who actually could play either WR or Safety. He is projected to be good enough that he could push for immediate playing time on either side of the ball next year. He is that good. Also R Anderson DE, R Ragland LB, D Lee, LB, G Smith DB, T Hayes ATH, K Drake LB, and A Griffith(K). All will contribute next year.

Sorry for the long post but again we are loaded and will have even more experiance and depth next year. Still may be a few they may leave but if the ones I mention stay with what we have returning and coming in I think we will be in the running for the NC agin in 2012 and 2013. Hopefully beyond that. RTR
Appreciate the effort you put into this.

If you mean Kenyan Drake contributing as a Linebacker, the chances are low. Isn't he being slated for running back or maybe receiver?

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA
Big Games as I see them:
Michigan-Win 24-13
Arkansas-Win 21-10
Tennessee-Win 35-3
Georgia-Lose 17-13 OT
Texas A&M-Win 35-0
LSU-Win 14-7
Auburn-Win 28-7
SEC Championship vs Georgia-Win 21-17
National Championship vs USC-Win 28-14
:biga2:
I don't think we would lose to UGA in OT and win at LSU at night...might as well choose undefeated if you see us winning at LSU. CBS has already chosen this as their night game for 2012. Oh, and add more points for the wins over Michigan and Auburn.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I think we will be very good as usual. The defense could be similar to 2010 but I think there is more experienced depth and that defense was still pretty good at times. I thought the main problem with 2010 was the offensive line which shouldn't be a problem next year as we should have 4 starters back. I doubt that we will be as good as this year but we will probably be favored in every game except LSU.

I really don't understand all the Arkansas love, they lose tons of their offensive weapons and lose all of their leadership and playmakers off of defense. If people think we will struggle cause of inexperience they should be in the same boat with less talented plaeyrs filling the vacancies.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I think we will be very good as usual. The defense could be similar to 2010 but I think there is more experienced depth and that defense was still pretty good at times. I thought the main problem with 2010 was the offensive line which shouldn't be a problem next year as we should have 4 starters back. I doubt that we will be as good as this year but we will probably be favored in every game except LSU.

I really don't understand all the Arkansas love, they lose tons of their offensive weapons and lose all of their leadership and playmakers off of defense. If people think we will struggle cause of inexperience they should be in the same boat with less talented plaeyrs filling the vacancies.
I agree here and Ark I think will struggle to finish 3rd in the West, depending on who they have to play in the East. Sorry but they having to replce their best WRs, and who knows if K Davis will return to prior form. They lose alot on both sides and have not recruited enough to be imediate impact.

In regards to our D the thing I like about it better then 2010 is we have depth next year. I think the struggle we had last year was no depth on either side really.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.