Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: What to expect in 2012

I think we'll double digit in wins but finish third to LSU and Ark for the divisional title. We will have truckloads of talent but limited playing time and experience going for us.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonpride61 View Post
    *U has used that excuse as long as I remember. And I'm an old man.
    The only reason Auburn would still be young is if their coaches are completely incompetent at building reserves and...

Oh, wait. Auburn's coaches. Right.

So maybe they ARE young ;p
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation Third Team

Matt0424 is right. If we stay with a 8 game conf schedule I don't think UGA will be on the list for 2012. We would have 6 western division games, our auto crossover game with UT, and we also owe Vandy a return game. I think that would compile our 8 conf games.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Everyone keeps mentioning UGA, but we don't even know for sure if we are still playing them next year. With the changes to the schedule, and the fact the SEC would LIKE to keep an 8 game conference schedule I don't think we play UGA. Until I see how the schedule plays out, I can't really make a guess on what things will truly looks like. We should win 10 games (including the bowl) at the least. Even if we have a mass exodus of juniors, we'll still be better then 9-10 teams in the SEC.

SOme early predictions, though, I think Jones stays...our OL will be solid next year.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tidewarrior, I really like your post, that is about as in-dept analysis as I have seen. You just never know Who is going to step up and shine like Smelley did this year. But I will respectfully add I just see AJ really having a Great year. I hope we don't lose ANY of our coaches because that will play a huge part of our success.

I think the play time a lot of the young guys got this year will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
    I expect no less than this year. Not being a homer just I follow our recruiting to well and know what has been chomping at the bit to see the field. I also remembering seeing in one of our last few games JessN showed our depth chart and it had like 38 freshman and sophmores in the 3 deep this year and that did not include some players like Arie, Cyrus, and Hart. This team is stacked the scary part on D I think we are only getting better.

Players to watch out for coming in that could see the field early are Eddie Williams who actually could play either WR or Safety. He is projected to be good enough that he could push for immediate playing time on either side of the ball next year. He is that good. Also R Anderson DE, R Ragland LB, D Lee, LB, G Smith DB, T Hayes ATH, K Drake LB, and A Griffith(K). All will contribute next year.

Sorry for the long post but again we are loaded and will have even more experiance and depth next year. Still may be a few they may leave but if the ones I mention stay with what we have returning and coming in I think we will be in the running for the NC agin in 2012 and 2013. Hopefully beyond that. RTR
    Appreciate the effort you put into this.

If you mean Kenyan Drake contributing as a Linebacker, the chances are low. Isn't he being slated for running back or maybe receiver?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post
    Big Games as I see them:
    Michigan-Win 24-13
    Arkansas-Win 21-10
    Tennessee-Win 35-3
    Georgia-Lose 17-13 OT
    Texas A&M-Win 35-0
    LSU-Win 14-7
    Auburn-Win 28-7
    SEC Championship vs Georgia-Win 21-17
    National Championship vs USC-Win 28-14
    I don't think we would lose to UGA in OT and win at LSU at night...might as well choose undefeated if you see us winning at LSU. CBS has already chosen this as their night game for 2012. Oh, and add more points for the wins over Michigan and Auburn.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think we will be very good as usual. The defense could be similar to 2010 but I think there is more experienced depth and that defense was still pretty good at times. I thought the main problem with 2010 was the offensive line which shouldn't be a problem next year as we should have 4 starters back. I doubt that we will be as good as this year but we will probably be favored in every game except LSU.

I really don't understand all the Arkansas love, they lose tons of their offensive weapons and lose all of their leadership and playmakers off of defense. If people think we will struggle cause of inexperience they should be in the same boat with less talented plaeyrs filling the vacancies.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    Appreciate the effort you put into this.

If you mean Kenyan Drake contributing as a Linebacker, the chances are low. Isn't he being slated for running back or maybe receiver?
    Yes Drake is really an athlete that probably will see more offense. Either way I still think he will compete for some reps next year.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    I think we will be very good as usual. The defense could be similar to 2010 but I think there is more experienced depth and that defense was still pretty good at times. I thought the main problem with 2010 was the offensive line which shouldn't be a problem next year as we should have 4 starters back. I doubt that we will be as good as this year but we will probably be favored in every game except LSU.

I really don't understand all the Arkansas love, they lose tons of their offensive weapons and lose all of their leadership and playmakers off of defense. If people think we will struggle cause of inexperience they should be in the same boat with less talented plaeyrs filling the vacancies.
    I agree here and Ark I think will struggle to finish 3rd in the West, depending on who they have to play in the East. Sorry but they having to replce their best WRs, and who knows if K Davis will return to prior form. They lose alot on both sides and have not recruited enough to be imediate impact.

In regards to our D the thing I like about it better then 2010 is we have depth next year. I think the struggle we had last year was no depth on either side really.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It looks as if some people nailed it about this year!
    Last edited by Jessica4Bama; January 10th, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18