Okie State COULD win BIG against the Sooners

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
Okie St could win big against the Sooners. Then again, Okie St could get beat by the Sooners.

Maybe Im just a snob all the way around. But I look at Okie St's "body of work" and see noone on their list of teams theyve played that really impresses me.

And I have become extremely dismissive of any newbie that has joined the board within the past 30 days. I see post like "Wise one", and I wish I had control of the ban button. Can't these trolls stay away until like February? Then they can come back if they still have something to say.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
I'm not really sure it matters how Ok St wins against OK. I watched a panel of several people on ESPNU today discussing the NC. ALL seemed to be on board for AL to play LSU, but one person from what I could tell. They brought up a number of times that Ok St lost to Iowa St, an unranked team. Iowa St. is Ok St's one loss and they can't erase it even if they win to OK. They brought up that our loss was to LSU by a small margin and the only fair way to vote was for AL, even if the country has SEC fatigue, etc... I am not saying it could not happen, but I just don't think it is very likely that Ok St. would jump us in the end.

Get 15

1st Team
Jun 13, 2009
Ohatchee, Alabama, United States
Attention, attention class did anyone hear or see Coach Gundy's comments??? He has shot his own team in the foot regardless. He said himself he wouldn't vote his team ahead of Bama, enough said. Keep it moving, nothing to see here. FWIW go ahead and order your BCS package, I guarantee it.

Squirrely

All-SEC
Aug 31, 2008
Gainesville FL
I don't think they can pass us no matter what, but you know what? I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm going to pull for the Sooners Sat and whatever happens, happens.

We had our chance to earn our way in and blew it, so it is what it is...
Yep, it'd be a shame if this Bama group isn't given another chance, but that's the way it goes when you leave your destiny up to others

Bama's Senior has gone 47-6 in 4 yrs (SEC record)
Beaten many good teams over this 4 yr span (Beating a Tebow lead Florida team was special)
Their only loses(6) over this 4 yr span was to the #1, #1, #1 #2, #11, #20 final ranked BCS teams
Oklahoma St. this season alone has dropped a bigger egg(losing to a 27 point underdog) than this Bama group has ever done over their 4 yrs careers

We'll see what happens , but no one can say this Bama team isn't worthy
But they let their destiny go when they didn't do what they probably should've done that Nov 5th night

:BigA: ROLL TIDE :BigA:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I think this one will end up much LSU vs. UGA.
OK State 38 OK 24
It won't be enough though to jump Bama in the rankings.

Final Rankings will still be #1 LSU, #2 Bama in the BCSNC game on Jan 9.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Attention, attention class did anyone hear or see Coach Gundy's comments??? He has shot his own team in the foot regardless. He said himself he wouldn't vote his team ahead of Bama, enough said. Keep it moving, nothing to see here. FWIW go ahead and order your BCS package, I guarantee it.

Yeah, the fans are kind of mad at him for not campaigning more.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Gotta remember about Stoops--He is a horrible coach when his team is a big favorite but he's as good as any when they're the under dog.

I think Oklahoma wins this game.

A Wise one

Suspended
Nov 29, 2011
I think its quite ridiculous to just assume that OSU wouldn't jump up enough in the polls if they beat Oklahoma, even if its a close game, as long as it looks like they played well and have talent. This is the media and social networking we are talking about. The amount of hype that is around about OSU playing in the BCS game before they even play an evenly matched Oklahoma should be telling. If they do actually pull that win off, get ready for a huge boost of people demanding OSU jump Bama.

Even if they don't fully jump up all the way, they are guaranteed to move to 2 in the computers if they win (the only reason they dropped back down to 3rd was because they had a bye, now that they are playing with Bama on the bye, a win puts them to 2 in a majority of the computer polls).

Another thing a lot of people seem to forget is that the points you get from the coaches poll and the Harris poll in the BCS rankings take into account how many votes you get, being ,1 2 or 3 doesn't have a set amount of points. The closer the gap, the better chance they have of jumping.

If OSU beats Oklahoma, its quite possible they jump bama. If Clemson beats Virginia Tech as well, its almost certain they pass Bama. With Bama and Stanford both not playing this week, that jump will happen so easily, we'll be speechless.
jus' saying

A Wise one

Suspended
Nov 29, 2011
Tiger Troll? Barner? CowPuke?
Nope, just seemed to be the only that realized how the anti-sec majority in this nation would go nuts if OSU won and VT lost, and now that it happened, everything I talked about is happening. ESPN is saying the rematch is still on, but most of the voters are not ESPN affiliated. Do you really trust all of the voters, especially since most of them probably complain about the SEC bias on a regular basis anyway?

Didn't think so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.