Prattville - 6A Champs

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Wow, what a terrific game. Prattville wins 35-34. Hoover scores very late and Coach Niblett elects to go for two and the win but Prattville stops them, recovers the onside kick attempt, and runs out the clock.

While I admire Niblett's courage, I think I would have played for overtime.

Lots of back and forth with the momentum and plenty of big plays. Justin Thomas was awesome. Props to the Hoover QBas well. Looked like Pville would never stop Hoover's offense in the first half and first drive of the second half, but hats off to the def coordinator for the adjustments after that drive.

Congrats to Lions fans everywhere...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was afraid Prattville was going to get blown out after having to punt on its first drive of the second drive. Down 28-14 and not being able to stop Hoover, Prattville's punter was roughed. The momentum changed and changed in a hurry for the next quarter and a few minutes. Then Hoover scored to take the momentum until the failed 2 point conversion.

I do have a question for the refs/fans that watched the game. On its second to last drive of the game, Hoover had about 3rd and 3 at about it's own 37. QB was going to get sacked but threw the ball away. The ball didn't even cross the original line of scrimmage. It appeared he tossed it, as well. So it was either a fumble or intentional grounding. The call was an incomplete pass. Anybody see the play and remember it?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think I remember that play, there was an eligible receiver in the area, I forget who it was though. My first thought was grounding until I seen the player near the ball. I thought it was the right call, wasn't a fumble for sure (if we're talking the same play)

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Happy to see my alma mater doing well. Go Lions! Just like Bama...they sucked when I was there, but got good after I left. (2000 for Prattville, 2007 for Bama). I realize correlation is not necessarily causation...but it does make me wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think I remember that play, there was an eligible receiver in the area, I forget who it was though. My first thought was grounding until I seen the player near the ball. I thought it was the right call, wasn't a fumble for sure (if we're talking the same play)
Same play. I'm surprised there was an eligible receiver that far behind the LOS.

I'll give their QB some credit. Took a lot for him to go down.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Same play. I'm surprised there was an eligible receiver that far behind the LOS.

I'll give their QB some credit. Took a lot for him to go down.
Yea I was surprised too. I think he tracked back after he seen the QB in trouble. Looked like some kind of screen or comeback. Even my initial thought was "grounding" and just happened to see him before they cut away. The t.v. coverage was terrible!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The t.v. coverage was terrible!
It has been every year I've been to a high school championship game (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011). I've also noticed that there is no replay when there is a questionable penalty. That's on either side (Hoover/Prattville), too.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree on that too. But to me atleast my68 out of B'ham had way better coverage than CBS did, and we all know CBS has more money to get better cameras. That was terrible! Cole Cubelick (sp?) was pitiful too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.