My apology folks, from a Sooner fan...

tideinark

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 6, 2003
Little Rock, Ar, US
Re: My apology folks.

That's what I was thinking. He has lost a lot of BIG games in the last 8 years.
IMO, nobody in the ncaa does less with more except for Mack Brown.

south78

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2011

I predicted it earlier in the week. you cant lose two NFL Dlineman, your NFL reciever and your RB and be playing at their house and turn the ball over that many times and not get busted up. This is the best OSU has ever been or will be for a while.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile

I predicted it earlier in the week. you cant lose two NFL Dlineman, your NFL reciever and your RB and be playing at their house and turn the ball over that many times and not get busted up. This is the best OSU has ever been or will be for a while.
That's pretty much what we lost after last year and we haven't laid three eggs.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile

not in the last 4 weeks of your season bro. And OU and BAMA...at least not in the past 3-4 yrs.
Please don't try to make excuses for big game bob. He's been bad for years. Injuries are not a legitimate excuse for this meltdown. We haven't lost a game in that fashion in well over a decade.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

Please don't try to make excuses for big game bob. He's been bad for years. Injuries are not a legitimate excuse for this meltdown. We haven't lost a game in that fashion in well over a decade.
The 2nd half of last year's Auburn game would be kinda close but that was mostly Cam Newton stepping up his game.

OU played so bad that it looked like they were either doing it on purpose or they were all hung-over.

Last edited:

south78

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2011

We lose key players often. We are equipped to handle it. They obviously are not.
my only point is to say that OSU DOES NOT deserve as much credit for this big win as the voters may be trying to give them as we speak. They aren't playing the OU team that played at the beginning of the year. They blew out a top 25 team at their house where the other team gave them points...literally...OUs QB GAVE them points. Its an overrated win and OSU is getting credit based on the OU brand not based on the team that was on the field.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Bob lost this team, this is the 5th time this season they weren't ready to play. It's time for a new direction for Sooner football. I think it's time for Bob to move on.
I just made a comment in another thread about this. You don't play against an in-state rival like that; if you do, then all eyes must turn towards the coach because the players weren't ready. I really don't recall ever seeing one half of such lackluster play (i didn't watch TT game) from a team that had more potential and played better early. Sorry for you and your fans, but you may be right about Stoops.
As for OSU - I can name 4 teams in the top ten that would clean their clock. OU moved the ball in the first half until they decided to stop catching passes, or falling down when they caught them, or throwing interceptions. OSU didn't stop them, and they wouldn't stop the who's, Bama, Stanford or Wisconsin, either.

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
If that pitiful performance costs your Tide a spot in the BCS title game. What LSU will do to OSU will be ugly.
Hey wishbone, where you been man! Haven't seen you on here for awhile. for all new members, this guy is a class act and brings something to the table. He doesn't talk smack and is respectful of others. By the way wishbone, haven't seen Owenfield Dreams for awhile...do you know what has happened to him?
Don't worry about the loss wishbone , things like that happens...Remember our loss to Utah State? That was a bitter pill but the program has moved on.
Take care and keep posting.......
Bobmack

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
Hey wishbone, where you been man! Haven't seen you on here for awhile. for all new members, this guy is a class act and brings something to the table. He doesn't talk smack and is respectful of others. By the way wishbone, haven't seen Owenfield Dreams for awhile...do you know what has happened to him?
Don't worry about the loss wishbone , things like that happens...Remember our loss to Utah State? That was a bitter pill but the program has moved on.
Take care and keep posting.......
Bobmack
and as an after thought, had we taken care of business in overtime, this thread wouldn't be here!!

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
If that pitiful performance costs your Tide a spot in the BCS title game. What LSU will do to OSU will be ugly.
i think your team laid down so that a b12 team can get into the title game. would love to see landry jones' bank account on monday morning once the Pickens' pay-off hits :mad:

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
what I find completely unbelievable is the Oklahoma's number 10 ranking. I think ESPN would prefer Bama for ratings but I don't see us getting in at this point. There are more people that hate the SEC than care about the game itself that will put Oklahoma State ahead of us for the sole reason of wanting the streak to end. I really hope they understand that if LSU gets OSU then the only difference they are going to get from Bama/LSu's 9-6 game is the LSU score of 9 because Oklahoma won't get much more than 6.

On a side note I think they should set aside the last week for the Championship games. if the Big 12 want s to be apart of it then they should join all the other major conferences.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

How did he get the name "Big Game Bob"? He should look hard at replacing Venables. OU Def has been underachieving the last few years.
It's really "Big Game Blower Bob." He is one of the only coaches at one of the true traditional college powers, (not one of the teams that has a good year once every 5 to 7 years and gloats about their tradition) and has blown so many big games and is still on the job.

Last edited:

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Sorry but they threw the game! You should be ashamed of your conference and your team for not playing. Pathetic is the only word I can think of. A disgrace to college football what happened on that field last night!
Sorry to disagree w/so many of you but OU did not throw that game. They just got their butts handed to them. OSU took them to the woodshed. Plain and simple. OU is overrated and if OSU played LSU or Bama then they would get beaten and beaten SOUNDLY!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.