Link: Update On Some Players Who Transferred From Bama

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
We lack a kicking coach and it shows. Cade has gotten worse year after year, Smith was an excellent kicker who regressed while he was on campus and then improved when he transfered. We need a GA who can coach our kickers in the worst way.
Cade's only been here two years. wouldnt say he's gotten worse, I might say he just hasnt progressed. He just didnt have to kick many FG's a year ago.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Cade's only been here two years. wouldnt say he's gotten worse, I might say he just hasnt progressed. He just didnt have to kick many FG's a year ago.
I sat in the stands at Southlake Carroll and watched him and he could boot it beautifully out the back of the endzone and into the stands. Now he's off balance when he strikes the ball and kicking it to the 15. To me that isn't as good as it was before.

I'm not critical of his FG attempts. The ones in the LSU game were known to be out of his range when he attempted them. I am talking about his strength and the ability to strike the ball cleanly.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I'm really interested in BJ Scott. With all the hype coming in and his obviously athletic ability, it pained me that he never found a positional home.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
PHP:
We lack a kicking coach and it shows. Cade has gotten worse year after year, Smith was an excellent kicker who regressed while he was on campus and then improved when he transfered. We need a GA who can coach our kickers in the worst way.
Question: How many colleges actually have kicking coaches. Iknow the NCAA limits the number of coaches and GA's that a team has, so just wondered how many used one for the kickers.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
PHP:
Question: How many colleges actually have kicking coaches. Iknow the NCAA limits the number of coaches and GA's that a team has, so just wondered how many used one for the kickers.
Gene Stallings was asked on Finebaum how you coach kickers. He said that his stance was, you don't. If they can kick it, just let them do it and don't mess with them. Went down the road that we've all heard before, that kickers are quirky. Not exactly his words, but you get the sentiment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.