*** RB Derrick Henry Commits to Alabama ***

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.
With Georgia getting Keith Marshall and Mike Davis this year, 2013 RB commit Derrick Henry is taking visits. We need to recruit this guy. He reminds me of Trent Richardson, a man among boys.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Re: 2013 Georgia Commit Derrick Henry

From TI and have been hearing the rumor for a few weeks now he may decommit and commit to UA. Now it looks like it could happen.

"I was talking to my coaches and we were breaking down the schools," the 6-3, 240-pound Henry says. "We were talking about what I think and what they think, and right now I think that Alabama is a place where everything that I want in college can happen."

Henry, who remains committed to Georgia for now, plans to make an unofficial visit to Alabama on June 8.

"After that visit on June 8th," Henry says," when I come back that Sunday or Monday, that's when I will know where I'm going."

http://www.tiderinsider.com/

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

According to that interview he just spoke with Saban and is being recruited as a RB. He actually goes in depth about it and what Saban said. He has stated if a team recruits him at any other position he will not consider them.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

I know I can't post the interview, but he basically stated that Alabama put the best tools on the table to develop him for the next level.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

This would be a big time flip. With us taking their best in-state talent along with their #1 out of state recruit, the GA folks will be in total breakdown mode. Can't wait to see it. If we take Derrick as a RB what does this do to our recruitment of Kamara?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

This would be a big time flip. With us taking their best in-state talent along with their #1 out of state recruit, the GA folks will be in total breakdown mode. Can't wait to see it. If we take Derrick as a RB what does this do to our recruitment of Kamara?
He might be missing the boat! :cool2:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Karma is a take all the way he can line up anywhere in our offense. Hate saying this (because of urban cryer uses it way too much)but a Percy harvin type player.

Last edited:

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I would love to flip this kid if he was willing to move positions but the fact that he only wants to play RB is a little worrisome. I think he's a heck of a talent but he would fit in better at the WR spot with his size but I know CNS knows what he's doing.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

CNS has had good success with big backs playing power football here. He's smaller than Fowler and would fill the same role. I don't think Fowler will ever be the starter at Alabama but I do believe he'll still make an NFL roster. It's the difference between the college and pro games.
Pretty well thought out move for the kid. I feel fuzzy.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

I would love to flip this kid if he was willing to move positions but the fact that he only wants to play RB is a little worrisome. I think he's a heck of a talent but he would fit in better at the WR spot with his size but I know CNS knows what he's doing.

you sure you are talking about Derrick Henry? his build is too thick to play the WR position. it's going to be in the backfield or LB for Mr Henry if he comes to Bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.