BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

More cancer prayers..

My 2nd cousin is only 18 and was diagnosed with testicular cancer about a year ago. They live in Gilbert South Carolina (just SW of Columbia). Well he had to lose you know what, and had I think 15 chemo treatments then they would retest. Then they found some traces in his lungs but did a bronchoscopy and it didnt show anything but the doctors are saying its spreading too fast and they dont know why. All this after they pulled a lemon sized tumor out of his brain and I think he's got either 12 weeks of chemo or 12 treatments. All the radioactive symptoms and where the tumor was located it has messed with his "actions" too. Its where he kinda goes crazy then he's fine the next minute. The news is not good with the lung cancer spreading so fast and all the chemo treatments, so please pray for Devon!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team always4bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Re: More cancer prayers..

So sorry to hear this news - will be lifting up the family

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Wanted to bring this back up and say thanks, my cousin went into remission exactly a week ago!

Post Thanks / Like

Praise God for the news! Thanks for the update
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

That is wonderful! The post about his illness did not sound good at all, so miracles do happen. Thanks GOD! I hope he continues to improve and lives a long, happy life.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment."-Nick Saban

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

You are right Gr8hope, things got sketchy for a few months and it seemed like he was not going to shake this. We had a family reunion back in September in Chambers County Alabama and he was supposed to come down with my Great Uncle, but he got sick and it was too risky to make the trip. But he continued to fight like a champ and FINALLY has it beat so far. Let's hope he stays in remission! My Great Aunt's family has a history of cancer and more than likely this is where he picked it up at. My Aunt beat it as well. God is great!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I had that same cancer in 2008 and went through the surgery and then 21 chemo treatments. Mine had spread a pretty good bit when it was caught, but the chemo worked great and have not had any reoccurances and just had bloodwork done for my 3 1/2 year checkup and everything was great.

I did not notice anything was wrong until I had a huge pain one night and saw it has swollen to twice the nornmal size.

Guys, check yourself out down there often, if anything looks unusual, get to a doctor ASAP!!!!!!

OP, congrats on your cousin's improved health!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

God is indeed great! Good news, 230hv, about your cousin's remission. Prayers are for a long and happy life! Great news as well for you, 1967 - praying that "booger" stays away.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson