McElwain to Colorado State

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This ironically could be a good thing. A new person won't have the same tendencies and scouting will be much harder for LSU. Coach Saban will dictate the overall philosophy, but play calling he left to his OC.

LSU had their OC back off after being diagnosed with Parkinson's decease and become QB coach instead of OC. The change led to a more conservative approach on offense which made them really become a better team.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I would think that Coach Mac probably said something like, "I accept BUT not until the BCS Game is over."

And I can assure all that whatever decision was reached it was discussed in depth with Coach Saban before hand.

We'll be fine and I'll leave it up to Coach Saban to find a replacement. He tends to be pretty good at that sort of thing. :)

I just hope Coach Mac's replacement likes to throw the bomb every once in a while and despises passes that travel sideways.

Thanks Coach Mac. I think you'll do well and I appreciate your service to UA.

sip

There is not a snowball chance in heck that he does not coach the championship game unless Coach Saban tells him not to, if this hire is correct. No smaller team wants to effect a BCS Championship by forcing a crucial coach to pull out. Never happen. He will be in the press box on the 9th.
Colorado State has no concern about the National Championship. If I'm McElwain's employer, I'd kind of want him on the job as soon as possible.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Why is it hard for some to accept this? The man has interviewed for 3 HC jobs in the last month. He wants to be a HC. Coach Saban expects these things to happen.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Tennesse won the national championship bowl game after the 1998 season without Cutcliffe, who had already left for Ole Miss.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
There is not a snowball chance in heck that he does not coach the championship game unless Coach Saban tells him not to, if this hire is correct. No smaller team wants to effect a BCS Championship by forcing a crucial coach to pull out. Never happen. He will be in the press box on the 9th.
IIRC, Pelini coached the 07 game after taking the job at Nebraska, so it doesn't have to be a small school. I expect CJM to be calling the plays January 9th.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Colorado State has no concern about the National Championship. If I'm McElwain's employer, I'd kind of want him on the job as soon as possible.
I think Colorado State has a concern for their next head coach, so they have a concern about the NCG by default. He stays, plays and adds more recruiting power to the program, it works out for everyone.

And the person that believes we would be better off with a new coordinator in the Bowl game because of trickery or the surprise element is out of touch.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Why is it hard for some to accept this? The man has interviewed for 3 HC jobs in the last month. He wants to be a HC. Coach Saban expects these things to happen.
Who is complaing? We're happy for him. This is separate from wanting him to stay for the BCS game. Which he and Colorodo State may want to pad his resume even further. So there is nothing to defend here.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
You are correct. Also in their universe, Colorado State is no "small school". In fact, in their universe, Colorado State is the most important head coaching job and football program in the country.

I would not be surprised at all to see Coach Mac leave immediately and would in no way feel hard toward him.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.