McElwain to Colorado State

Bama Bard

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2009
Great for Coach McElwain. He did a very good job for us, especially with developing tough and disciplined offensive players.

It doesn't matter who the next OC is. He will be given the same playbook and work under the philosophy of CNS. Our offense will be the exact same next year as it was this yea, the year before that and the year before that. We will make some explosive plays, but mainly play tough hard football and bog down in middle of the season. We will become predictable and play tight. We will complain about our passing game and wonder why we keep running it up the middle and why we can't don't throw down field. We won't scare any defenses, they will load the box but they better pack a lunch because it is going to be a long, hard fought game in the trenches.

I have thought our offense is boring, predictable and at times flat out bad for 4 straight years . . . and yet we are playing in our 2nd BCS Championship Game in those 4 years. Rock on Coach Saban and whoever you drive crazy as our next OC.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I just think it's important that he stays through the BCS NCG to maintain continuity in our offense!

Isn't there a DEAD period where you can't recruit anyway in December?

If/when we win the BCS NCG, there may be a lot of players in Colorado, Texas, etc. that will want to play for someone who has smelled the awesome aroma of TWO BCS NC's in 2 out of 3 years. That will be recruiting for Colorado win or lose. He can't lose with his name in the National Scene on January 9, 2012!

No matter what happens!

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!
Bama 42 - LSU 9 in the BCS NCG! You heard it first here!!!!!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Great for Coach McElwain. He did a very good job for us, especially with developing tough and disciplined offensive players.

It doesn't matter who the next OC is. He will be given the same playbook and work under the philosophy of CNS. Our offense will be the exact same next year as it was this yea, the year before that and the year before that. We will make some explosive plays, but mainly play tough hard football and bog down in middle of the season. We will become predictable and play tight. We will complain about our passing game and wonder why we keep running it up the middle and why we can't don't throw down field. We won't scare any defenses, they will load the box but they better pack a lunch because it is going to be a long, hard fought game in the trenches.

I have thought our offense is boring, predictable and at times flat out bad for 4 straight years . . . and yet we are playing in our 2nd BCS Championship Game in those 4 years. Rock on Coach Saban and whoever you drive crazy as our next OC.
LOL! I mean this in good spirits, but you sound like you have a miserable life, at least insofar as it regards following Alabama football... :D

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Bama Bard hit it. The offense will almost certainly be as he said... and no that doesn't make watching Bama football unenjoyable, and no it won't prevent us from winning.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Now this explains why I heard Coach Saban was meeting with the coach of Ga Southern last month after the game. I love the power option! ;)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Late to the thread, but all the same, congrats to Coach Mac! I appreciate the balance and steady hand he's brought to the Alabama O - we have put up some good numbers and produced some great players. He will be missed.

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
Now this explains why I heard Coach Saban was meeting with the coach of Ga Southern last month after the game. I love the power option!
HA ! Tongue in cheek, I'm guessing. I doubt seriously that power option football is in our future. We've gotten most of the top recruits we've landed because of the pro style offense we run that prepares players for the next level. You had me going there for a minute though...

Last edited:

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Congrats to Coach McElwain on getting the HC job at Colorado State.

He had done a great job at Alabama, both as a Coordinator and as a Recruiter. He will be missed.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.