McElwain to Colorado State

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Congrats Coach Mac, make us proud, Roll Tide!

P.S. touch any of our other coaches and I'm breaking your pinky toe with a hammer. ;-)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We've lost six games with him as OC. What could we have done with a real coach running the offense? [/sarcasm]

B

BamaJ

Congrats Coach Mac. I'm a CSU fan now, unless you play Bama. Then we must break you. Roll Tide!!!!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Great for Coach McElwain. He did a very good job for us, especially with developing tough and disciplined offensive players.

It doesn't matter who the next OC is. He will be given the same playbook and work under the philosophy of CNS.
Our offense will be the exact same next year as it was this year, the year before that and the year before that. We will make some explosive plays, but mainly play tough hard football and bog down in middle of the season. We will become predictable and play tight. We will complain about our passing game and wonder why we keep running it up the middle and why we can't don't throw down field. We won't scare any defenses, they will load the box but they better pack a lunch because it is going to be a long, hard fought game in the trenches.

I have thought our offense is boring, predictable and at times flat out bad for 4 straight years . . . and yet we are playing in our 2nd BCS Championship Game in those 4 years. Rock on Coach Saban and whoever you drive crazy as our next OC.

It's not just the playbook that's in place that matters! It's how you use that playbook that really matters! Call the wrong play at the wrong time and what have you accomplished? Call the wrong sequence of plays and the playbook in place does not matter.

Hopefully, we will keep continuity with him still aboard until after the game on January 9.

If he doesn't stay, then we will just do the best that we can under the circumstances.:BigA::eek::BigA:

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Hate to lose Coach Mac. IMO, the best offensive coordinator at Alabama since Homer Smith. The folks who have consistently complained about him and/or the offense in general have clearly forgotten about our offensive output (or lack thereof, more accurately) under guys like Woody McCorvey, Bruce Arians, Mike Shula/Dave Rader and even Major Applewhite. A Heisman Trophy winner, another Heisman Trophy finalist, multiple All-Americans, multiple first-round draft picks and three consecutive seasons of averaging 30+ points and 400+ yards per game is extremely solid, especially considering that production consistently came against SEC defenses.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
"When you look at my background offensively we threw it all over the park before I had gotten to Alabama," McElwain said. "I tried to throw it all over the park the first spring there. When there were some of these SEC guys that were rushing us I learned we'd better do some other stuff. And also we were built that way."
Yep...now he can throw it all over the park again. Should be an interesting brand of ball to watch once he gets his guys in there.

bamabonners

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 15, 2011
Honestly, I am glad he is gone. I felt he was very predictable and made some dumb decisions in the red zone. I believe that the level of talent at Bama made him look good.

Bama Bard

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2009
It seems critical thinking is frowned upon. And thank you TIDE HSV for your remarks. Hilarious that being a bit disappointed in an aspect of our football team (ie. offensive) means I have a miserable life. A bit presumptious. And I mean this in good spirits, but you sound kinda pompous. What that says about your life, I wouldn't feign a guess.

Last edited:

bbqman

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2006
Decatur, AL
This IMO will be a good fit for Mac; now he can decide for himself if wants to run "his offense" for more than 1 or 2 quarters per game!
Good Luck Mac!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.