McElwain to Colorado State

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
So, he's leaving before the bowl game, wait, not just a bowl game the national title game. Thanks for nothing. Coaching changes before bowl games don't normally turn out too good. I hate how schools allow there staffs to be picked apart before the bowl games.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I hate to hear that he is leaving, but I wish him well at CSU. I do hope he stays through the BCSCG, but I'm sure that he wants to start recruiting as soon as possible for his new team. I hope it doesn't become a distraction for our preparation for the title game.

Seabass

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 25, 2011
Hayden, AL
I hope he sticks around. It's good for recruiting to have your new coach win a national title before coming aboard, but then again some schools want them asap.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Looked at Cecil's tiwtter account and nothing has been posted. Where are you seeing it? There is some guy posting it, but frankly it looks a little sketchy.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
So, he's leaving before the bowl game, wait, not just a bowl game the national title game. Thanks for nothing. Coaching changes before bowl games don't normally turn out too good. I hate how schools allow there staffs to be picked apart before the bowl games.
Whoa now, sky isn't falling just yet. If I remember right, Dan Mullen hung around and coached the title game for Florida in 2008 against OU before going to Miss St. Let's just wait to see what happens first.

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
I'm pretty sure Dan Mullen coached the BCS NCG after he accepted the MSU job. They beat Oklahoma that year. The doom and gloom gets on my nerves. Good for you Coach, I wish you luck!

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Well with Alabama's success, I think we can expect to see this in the future. This is just the season for this sort of thing happening so we might as well get used to it. It is also the price of success. And with this being recruiting season, I would not anticipate that he will stick around for the BCS championship game. I certainly cannot fault this coach for looking after himself and his family. Best of luck and thanks.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I would think CSU would be understanding and realize this is a "once in a lifetime" type game (where you have a chance to get revenge on a conference rival in the NCG). Surely they'll allow him to stay and coach it. I can't see a MWC team missing out on some blue chip recruits because they didn't have a head coach for a month.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Good luck to CJM at CSU. I hate to see him leave right before the bowl game (if he does), but coaches leaving is the price of success imho. CJM did well here and I have faith CNS will bring in someone (or promote someone from within) who will continue us moving in the right direction on offense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.