****JUCO CB Travell Dixon Signs with Bama****

WAW4Tide

1st Team
Sep 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Premium article on Tidesports
From his coach "I just talked to Travell and he said, 'Coach, I'm going to Alabama,'" O'Mera said. "His mom and dad have already taken off of work to help move him up there."

Not hearing anything else though...interersting to say the least.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Re: Travell Dixon to Bama per his Coach

All of the quote from tidesports -

"I just talked to Travell and he said, 'Coach, I'm going to Alabama,'" O'Mera said. "His mom and dad have already taken off of work to help move him up there."

"He's been all Alabama since the beginning. I never even heard about Florida State until three weeks ago. I have a hard time believing that a kid that was so pro-Alabama could totally change his mind in that short amount of time."

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

supposedly one of the top, if not the top, JC defensive back available.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Where will that leave us with Belue?

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Where will that leave us with Belue?
RUMOR again a Rumor I am hearing Belue might be headed to UNA. Again a rumor just like the one that Dixon's team mate is now looking as a possibility.
If we are legitimately taking both Dixon and Belue -- i.e. two JUCO corners -- then we either have some serious problems brewing in the secondary in the form of attrition and / or early entry into the NFL Draft. It's very difficult to see why we would take two JUCO corners unless that was the case.

I figure the more likely scenario is that either (1) Dixon's coach is either misinformed or outright exaggerating, or (2) Belue is not going to make it to Alabama because of academics. The odds of (2) being the likely scenario are probably better than (1), and for what it's worth Belue should be getting final word on his academic status in the coming days (and the truth is he probably knows already).

Again, it just doesn't seem like we would take two JUCO corners unless there is something going on that we don't know about.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If we are legitimately taking both Dixon and Belue -- i.e. two JUCO corners -- then we either have some serious problems brewing in the secondary in the form of attrition and / or early entry into the NFL Draft. It's very difficult to see why we would take two JUCO corners unless that was the case.

I figure the more likely scenario is that either (1) Dixon's coach is either misinformed or outright exaggerating, or (2) Belue is not going to make it to Alabama because of academics. The odds of (2) being the likely scenario are probably better than (1), and for what it's worth Belue should be getting final word on his academic status in the coming days (and the truth is he probably knows already).

Again, it just doesn't seem like we would take two JUCO corners unless there is something going on that we don't know about.
Well it does look like Bama will only return one DB with meaningful experience. Two JUCOs (whether it be Dixon/Belue or Dixon/his teammate) doesn't seem too crazy.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Well it does look like Bama will only return one DB with meaningful experience. Two JUCOs (whether it be Dixon/Belue or Dixon/his teammate) doesn't seem too crazy.
Maybe not too crazy, but still pretty strange. Even if you assume Kirkpatrick leaves early, that still leaves Milliner, Fulton, Washington, Sylve, Geno Smith, one JUCO signee, and possibly guys like Christion Jones and Blake Sims who could make the switch if necessary.

For us to take two JUCO guys, that would tell me that Kirkpatrick is definitely leaving, and that either we've got some serious development problems with either Washington and / or Silve, or we've got some transfers brewing.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

For us to take two JUCO guys, that would tell me that Kirkpatrick is definitely leaving, and that either we've got some serious development problems with either Washington and / or Silve, or we've got some transfers brewing.[/QUOTE]

I think we may see Silve at slot reciever before his career is over, with that speed we need to find a way to get him the ball.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Maybe not too crazy, but still pretty strange. Even if you assume Kirkpatrick leaves early, that still leaves Milliner, Fulton, Washington, Sylve, Geno Smith, one JUCO signee, and possibly guys like Christion Jones and Blake Sims who could make the switch if necessary.
There's talent there, but I read that list and see taking two solid JUCOs as making perfect sense.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I don't think there's going to be serious problems brewing in our secondary..Coach Saban's baby is his secondary..And he will not pass up DB's with their talent & size..You can never have too many quality DB's..If you're going to take JUCO Players..Quality JUCO DB's are a premium to have..Just cause of the experience they bring to a position that's the hardest for younger players to make an impact at..JMO

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

we only have Milliner returning with extensive experience at the DB position. Fulton has only seen spot duty. no doubt this move is in direct correlation of what we lose. no way we go into next season with project DB's in the CB rotation. not saying they wont pan out but the staff isnt going to take that risk. i think we pick up at least 2 more DB's maybe 3

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

Where does his teammate rank in terms of the top JUCO players? I havent seen or heard of him anywhere.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Where does his teammate rank in terms of the top JUCO players? I havent seen or heard of him anywhere.
Rivals has them both rated as 4 star DBs in the JUCO rankings and both seem to be identical in size. I am not sure why there has not been more talk about Seisay but maybe he exploded the season late. FSU was trying to bring in both for a visit but because they are also after T Howard they pushed him to not take the visit and to wait. Then he decided to only focus on Neb and Ark, but it appears we may gotten in on his services. We will see.

BTW Coach Stoutland was in FL yesterday visiting T Howard and spent alot of time with his mother. This being reported on some UF sites and they already on the edge worrying about FSU and Howrad the last thing they want is for us to get in on his recruiting and become a contender even though I think we really do not have a chance for Howard.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Dixon played in 10 of 11 games. Had 29 tackles and 4 ints. Seisay played in 8 of 11 games. Had 6ints(2 for TDs) and had 25 tackles. Both are listed at 6'2 200 pounds. The only thing really different in the two is that Dixon has already used his redshirt so he has 2 years left to play 2. Where Seisay has 3 years left to play 2. Both look to be great addition for whatever team lands them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.