News Article: Charlie Weis comments on Bama's D..."lighting them up"

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
How can you take anybody seriously who every time he takes a shower he shows up as a green blob on doppler... Weis should get out of football and start a reality series called "My Big Fat Hamburger Eatin' A--".

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
It's amazing to me that Weis has not been more successful as his teams have a "decided schematic advantage" on every play.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
How can you take anybody seriously who every time he takes a shower he shows up as a green blob on doppler... Weis should get out of football and start a reality series called "My Big Fat Hamburger Eatin' A--".
That is one of the funniest things that I've ever read. I don't know if that is your joke or a "your mama so fat..." joke (I've never heard it before). But if it's yours, brilliant. If not, brilliant used. :)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It's not until now that I appreciated the irony of his "kitchen sink" comment.

I mean, if there's ever been anyone who had demonstrated an obvious familiarity w the kitchen sink...

Last edited:

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
When the Florida QB. went down the Florida season went down as well.
We did LSU a big favor by allowing them to play a crippled Florida team.
I think we did the bigger favor for Auburn, not necessarily LSU...but both should've sent us a Christmas card. :)

Bud

3rd Team
Jul 25, 2000
Jacksonville, FL. USA
Tell a exaggeration/lie long enough, you and others will start to believe it....He probably just needs to tell it a couple more times for KS to believe it, about 11,000,000 for the rest of the sports world.

That being said, I do have some UF friends that talk about how prolifically Brantley moved the ball until he went down. Then the retort is...1/3 came on the first play, and though there was an opportunity for a TD (but Rainey's momentum took him out at the 3) UF may have moved the ball between the 30s but scoring is a totally different matter. Once the field was compressed, the "kitchen sink" offense didn't work so well No running game meant plenty of pressure on JBrantley and Brantley was sacked twice in a row (second one causing the high ankle sprain)

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
That is one of the funniest things that I've ever read. I don't know if that is your joke or a "your mama so fat..." joke (I've never heard it before). But if it's yours, brilliant. If not, brilliant used. :)
Thanks OreBama. Glad you enjoyed that. As far as I know, it's mine. I used it a few years ago in regard to Kirstie Alley and broke it out of mothballs for Weis.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
FWIW - I think the term "lighting them up" is very divisive - especially for the team who ultimately won the game - so I can understand your comments about that being a huge exaggeration and not representative of reality.

I do think we were competitive in the game up until the interception and after that it all went downhill. And I also appreciate the concern all on here had for our QB - really great sportsmanship.

I totally give Bama credit for being VERY dominant on many - if not all levels. I hope Coach Muschamp took something away from our game wrt recruiting some larger and stronger players as that is what we will need to compete in the SEC next season

I also predict a victory for you against LSU - as long as you have a good kicking game this time. That is a no-brainer - the way I see it. And I will, of course, be rooting for the Tide. :)

Weis is spelled with only 1 "S" BTW and as a Gator I am not displeased he moved on. Regardless of our player personnel situation - I think our offense could have performed better to the extent we should/could have won against Georgia, Auburn, SC, and FSU. That's just my opinion.

This isn't the only forum where "fat-type" jokes are made - unfortunately they show up on Gator forums as well (especially when the story broke about his departure from UF). I respectfully disagree with that type of personal attack....whether fun is made of Coach Holtz's lisp, Coach Corso's slurring, or Coach Weis's weight situation...but that's just the way my folks raised me, thankfully. :)

Good luck with LSU and Merry Christmas to all!

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Charlie showed his incredible genius in the API game when on third and inches put his QB in the shotgun. Of course the QB was tackled for a 4-5 yard loss.

Back to the Bama game, Coach Bryant used to call these yards between the 20's (such as the Gators) as "alumni yards" as it made them feel better about losing. Scoring is all that matters.

crimsonboy

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2008
10 points isn't "lighting them up". Florida was down 14pts when Brantley went down...and it wasn't halfway through the 2nd....not that I would expect someone making these comments to actually get facts straight.
If memory serves, we were robbed of a turnover (from him) just before he went
down. In fainess, it's hard to see the action on the field when sitting on your "brains" on a reenforced cooler!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.