Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Barkely announces he will stay for 2012 season at USC

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    Which P12 team(s) do you see stopping them? I'm still not sure how they lost to Az St this year, and they came very close to beating Stanford which would have made them undefeated (if they had beaten both)...and sitting at home. Stanford loses Luck (and we'll probably get to see a better representation of their new coach's ability). Oregon loses Darron Thomas and L. James (right?), so they'll be in a rebuilding type year as well.
    Games they could lose off the top of my head...

Washington
    Oregon
    Notre Dame (will more than likely be an underdog against ND)
    Arizona State
    California
    Stanford

And we will see who else they play OOC next year.

Let me just put it this way, it is not a forgone conclusion that USC will run the gauntlet next year, IMO it is very unlikely.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Washington
    Oregon
    Notre Dame (will more than likely be an underdog against ND)
    Arizona State
    California
    Stanford
    Certainly, even the best teams often don't go undefeated, but I only spot 1-2 teams on that list that seem at all threatening to USC. USC's talent has never really dipped, and other PAC 12 teams are losing stars this year.

Hawaii is another OOC foe of theirs, I know.
    "A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness."

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Contrary to what you'll hear from some USCw fans, the brunt of the NZAA sanctions is yet to come.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I believe Kiffin helped sell him on his decision to stay, but Barkely said a couple of weeks ago that his decision would be "all about him" and I think it is.
    It's all about him campaigning for a heisman and Kiffen campaigning for a BCS championship.

Barkely was projected as the second QB in the draft. He can't improve his draft status too much, but it can certainly go down with a bad year or injury.

Like said above, 2012 is when the sanctions really start to make a difference.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, let's just assign the Heisman to him now, because he's gonna be pimped for it all offseason and next season by the media.

FYI, that's not a slam on him. It's more of a slam on the media.
    Last edited by CrimsonJag; December 22nd, 2011 at 09:50 PM.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation First Team TheOysterMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Good for him. Ive seen some stuff and heard him on the Dan Patrick show saying it was always his childhood dream to be the QB at USC. The NFL will be there, go have fun one more year in the greatest sport in the world. I dont understand people bashing him for this decision. I think a lot of times we as a fanbase dont think about a kid that grew up loving another school. If this were one of our own that grew up watching footage of all the great Bama QBs and was a sure fire 1st round pick, but when it came down to it, said he wanted to come back to try to win a NC, he would be loved to death. Good for ya Barkley, good for you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOysterMan View Post
    Good for him. Ive seen some stuff and heard him on the Dan Patrick show saying it was always his childhood dream to be the QB at USC. The NFL will be there, go have fun one more year in the greatest sport in the world. I dont understand people bashing him for this decision. I think a lot of times we as a fanbase dont think about a kid that grew up loving another school. If this were one of our own that grew up watching footage of all the great Bama QBs and was a sure fire 1st round pick, but when it came down to it, said he wanted to come back to try to win a NC, he would be loved to death. Good for ya Barkley, good for you.
    Not to derail the thread but after seeing your name it's got me wanting some oysters LOL used to be a great place we used to go with my grandfather and dad in chancellor called Judge's wonder if it's still around.

Back on topic I remember earlier in the year before a game they where showing old films of him dressed in a USC helmet and later in his child again saying he was going to be the starting QB for USC .. so it probably was.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post
    Well, let's just assign the Heisman to him now, because he's gonna be pimped for it all offseason and next season by the media.

FYI, that's not a slam on him. It's more of a slam on the media.
    That happens every year, but when was the last time that player actually won? Reggie Bush in 2005?

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    I believe Kiffin helped sell him on his decision to stay, but Barkely said a couple of weeks ago that his decision would be "all about him" and I think it is.
    It's all about him campaigning for a heisman and Kiffen campaigning for a BCS championship.

Barkely was projected as the second QB in the draft. He can't improve his draft status too much, but it can certainly go down with a bad year or injury.

Like said above, 2012 is when the sanctions really start to make a difference.

I agree with you. Barkley was going to be the second quarterback chosen. I also believe he would have been a top 10. He has an opportunity to earn enough money to take care of himself for the rest of his life. He also has the potential to destroy a shoulder by playing in one more game.....collegiate or professional.

In fact, I would not be the least bit surprised if he reverses his decision and comes out for the draft this year.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think Lane Kiffin is the main influence on MB deciding to stay. We all know that it's all about CLK and he could care less about the players. I think he should go pro because. Ask Sam Bradford.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc12 View Post
    I agree with you. Barkley was going to be the second quarterback chosen. I also believe he would have been a top 10. He has an opportunity to earn enough money to take care of himself for the rest of his life. He also has the potential to destroy a shoulder by playing in one more game.....collegiate or professional.

In fact, I would not be the least bit surprised if he reverses his decision and comes out for the draft this year.
    I was thinking 3rd maybe 4th qb taken Moore and Luck will go first then maybe Keenum/Barkley you also have to factor in Darron Thomas to some degree who should go behind any of the QB's mentioned already. There's going to be a good QB selection this year with potential for 2 or more franchise QB's.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    I was thinking 3rd maybe 4th qb taken Moore and Luck will go first then maybe Keenum/Barkley you also have to factor in Darron Thomas to some degree who should go behind any of the QB's mentioned already. There's going to be a good QB selection this year with potential for 2 or more franchise QB's.
    Moore before Barkely? Seriously?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Moore doesn't even get drafted.

I don't have a problem with MB playing another year. He is fortunate enough to be from a family where money isn't a problem.
    I don't like his arrogant, self-centered, prima donna attitude.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    Moore before Barkely? Seriously?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Moore doesn't even get drafted.

I don't have a problem with MB playing another year. He is fortunate enough to be from a family where money isn't a problem.
    I don't like his arrogant, self-centered, prima donna attitude.
    Kellen Moore is projected to be a 5th round or later draft choice. Guy has an extremely weak arm, doesn't play from under center, etc etc.

Moore getting drafted, as Russtang said is no given!