Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Barkely announces he will stay for 2012 season at USC

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    may want a refund, kiffin is still the coach. will find a way to lose a game or two.
    Yea but Monte is a top 3 dc and they play a luckless stanford and a doomed oregon next year
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

I thought Barkely was the best qb in the country this year. I think he will be the favorite for the Heisman but I am not buying that USC will contend next year

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Not what I meant...

Going to a bowl is one thing, winning a national championship is a whole 'nother matter when you are talking about limited scholarships.
    why does matt barkley's decision to return for another year at USC seem to upset you so much?

BamaNation All-American Vertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    All selfish egotistical reasons...
    Well what reason wouldn't be selfish or egotistical? If he went pro, wouldn't that be selfish? Leaving his team behind so he can go get paid? Sounds like he's in a lose-lose situation with you, here.

And nevermind all that, thinking of ones self does not necessarily equate to selfish. Shouldn't he do what is best for him, in his opinion? Isn't that up to him? Not you?

Maybe you want him gone so you don't have to listen to ESPN ride USC's jock all season. Maybe you want him gone so that a potential roadblock to Alabama's next NC is out of the way? Either way, those aren't valid reasons. The kid wants to stay. So what? I'd love to be back in college for another year, especially if I were the big man on campus in Southern California. Sounds incredible. Yes, please.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    why does matt barkley's decision to return for another year at USC seem to upset you so much?
    I am far from upset that Matt Barkely is going to play another year of football. In all honesty the kid could have another press conference this evening and say he is never going to play football ever again for all I really care.

I am simply discussing that I feel it is a bad decision and is based solely on the greed to win a heisman trophy, national awards, etc.

I'm not sure how you can use the quoted section above and see anywhere where I was angry...

I am more than sure USC will not go undefeated next year in the regular season and will not be in the national championship game with or without Barkely...

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical View Post
    Well what reason wouldn't be selfish or egotistical? If he went pro, wouldn't that be selfish? Leaving his team behind so he can go get paid? Sounds like he's in a lose-lose situation with you, here.

And nevermind all that, thinking of ones self does not necessarily equate to selfish. Shouldn't he do what is best for him, in his opinion? Isn't that up to him? Not you?

Maybe you want him gone so you don't have to listen to ESPN ride USC's jock all season. Maybe you want him gone so that a potential roadblock to Alabama's next NC is out of the way? Either way, those aren't valid reasons. The kid wants to stay. So what? I'd love to be back in college for another year, especially if I were the big man on campus in Southern California. Sounds incredible. Yes, please.
    I could care less if Matt Barkely stays at USC for another year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok now that that is settled, I simply think he is making a bad choice. And no it is not selfish to go "get paid" by doing your job...

Please find a thread where I have begged Trent Richardson to stay at Alabama, or Mark Ingram, or anyone! I was an advocate of Ingram leaving after his junior year FWIW! (Richardson should also go pro IMO btw)

No one really knows what went into his decision for staying, but I have no reason to doubt that he did what was in his best interest for his future. These are decisions that a lot of us will never have to make and although I do not really care for USC, I find it refreshing when someone stays another year when they could have gone pro and made some money. Sometimes a player can't win for losing I guess.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Charles Barkley is still in school???

Oh, never mind......
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

here are the teams on their schedule

Hawaii-not going to lose. Norm Chow is great but Hawaii is not

@Syracuse- unless USC has trouble in the dome dont expect the Orange to fight

Oregon- Chip Kelly will have his weakest team to date and is at the Colosseum. he will most likely not prevail

@ Stanford- Out of Luck book it

@ Utah - Utah is too weak to take advantage of home field

Colorado- need I say more

ASU- too much turmoil

@ Arizona- I Dont think they have a legit shot

@ ND- If there was a game that I thought they could lose it would be this one, but I dont think ND has the offense to keep pace with Barkley so I would lean toward USC

@ Washington- nope leach is not ready

Cali- maybe closer than what it should be but USC will prevail

@UCLA- Same city road game I say LA will be painted RED and YELLOW

PAC12 Champ will probably be in LA against Oregon
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    here are the teams on their schedule

Hawaii-not going to lose. Norm Chow is great but Hawaii is not

@Syracuse- unless USC has trouble in the dome dont expect the Orange to fight

Oregon- Chip Kelly will have his weakest team to date and is at the Colosseum. he will most likely not prevail

@ Stanford- Out of Luck book it

@ Utah - Utah is too weak to take advantage of home field

Colorado- need I say more

ASU- too much turmoil

@ Arizona- I Dont think they have a legit shot

@ ND- If there was a game that I thought they could lose it would be this one, but I dont think ND has the offense to keep pace with Barkley so I would lean toward USC

@ Washington- nope leach is not ready

Cali- maybe closer than what it should be but USC will prevail

@UCLA- Same city road game I say LA will be painted RED and YELLOW

PAC12 Champ will probably be in LA against Oregon
    If only football was played on paper...

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

for the record i said they would start out in the preseason top 3. i never said they would finish there.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    I think the media is still on their USC crush if they look solid the hype coming out of LA will make us all nauseous.
    I heard enough, late last night, that I already am. It is just going to get worse. Made me lose my appetite for popcorn.
    "As slowly turns the grinding wheel
    In the court of the crimson king."

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    He is fortunate enough to be from a family where money isn't a problem.
    I don't like his arrogant, self-centered, prima donna attitude.
    That is precisely why he plays for USCw.
    "As slowly turns the grinding wheel
    In the court of the crimson king."