Barkely announces he will stay for 2012 season at USC

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
here are the teams on their schedule

Hawaii-not going to lose. Norm Chow is great but Hawaii is not

@Syracuse- unless USC has trouble in the dome dont expect the Orange to fight

Oregon- Chip Kelly will have his weakest team to date and is at the Colosseum. he will most likely not prevail

@ Stanford- Out of Luck book it

@ Utah - Utah is too weak to take advantage of home field

Colorado- need I say more

ASU- too much turmoil

@ Arizona- I Dont think they have a legit shot

@ ND- If there was a game that I thought they could lose it would be this one, but I dont think ND has the offense to keep pace with Barkley so I would lean toward USC

@ Washington- nope leach is not ready

Cali- maybe closer than what it should be but USC will prevail

@UCLA- Same city road game I say LA will be painted RED and YELLOW

PAC12 Champ will probably be in LA against Oregon

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
here are the teams on their schedule

Hawaii-not going to lose. Norm Chow is great but Hawaii is not

@Syracuse- unless USC has trouble in the dome dont expect the Orange to fight

Oregon- Chip Kelly will have his weakest team to date and is at the Colosseum. he will most likely not prevail

@ Stanford- Out of Luck book it

@ Utah - Utah is too weak to take advantage of home field

Colorado- need I say more

ASU- too much turmoil

@ Arizona- I Dont think they have a legit shot

@ ND- If there was a game that I thought they could lose it would be this one, but I dont think ND has the offense to keep pace with Barkley so I would lean toward USC

@ Washington- nope leach is not ready

Cali- maybe closer than what it should be but USC will prevail

@UCLA- Same city road game I say LA will be painted RED and YELLOW

PAC12 Champ will probably be in LA against Oregon
If only football was played on paper...

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
Ok the question is if USC makes it to the NCG, who do they play? Us?

Yes I know what we could lose in the off season but SEC and NC is our goal every year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If only football was played on paper...
yea i know. The point I'm trying to make is that alot of people are dismissing them cuz they hate kiffen. I'm not abig fan of arrogant coaches (kiffen,rex ryan,and Harghbaugh) but give Kiffen his due he is an above average coach with coordinators most teams would love to have. Take this in to account they will and should be the favorite in the PAC12 and it will be theirs to lose and if they get past ND they will probably be in Miami challenging the SEC for 4+ quarters.

EH_SWVA

Dec 4, 2011
I am far from upset that Matt Barkely is going to play another year of football. In all honesty the kid could have another press conference this evening and say he is never going to play football ever again for all I really care.

I am simply discussing that I feel it is a bad decision and is based solely on the greed to win a heisman trophy, national awards, etc.
So it's greedy to want to win the Heisman? If so, then you can call every good player that comes back to school greedy then, right?

Have you thought maybe he wanted a chance to play in a bowl game? He has been the starter now for 3 years and because of Reggie Bush's "GREED" he has not got a chance to experience the best thing in college football, the bowl experience.

Reggie Bush, Pete Carroll, & the USC boosters ruined the university's reputation for a while. Matt Barkley is now slowly bringing them back. I'm proud of him for wanting more for himself and USC than 90% of most college atheletes.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I'll never understand people's opinions on these kids decisions. He decided he would rather stay in college a year, enjoy all that entails, and pursue success for himself and his teammates. He is delaying his career one year. I am sure he is on the phone with Lloyds of London even as we speak getting a healthy insurance policy. People judge sports athletes like no other. Nobody judged me when I decided to leave private practice making 6 figures to have a much better life and more fulfilling career in government service for a lot less money. But when it comes to athletes, we act like money is all there is. That they need to make the big bucks right here, right now, and nothing else in life is more important than that. Good for Matt Barkely. He did what he wanted to do. Now remind me why we have spent six whole pages on it?
Not sure but thanks for adding to it! :wink:

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
IIRC USC chose to serve their two year bowl ban last year and this year, but delayed their schollie reductions until after their appeal. This years signing class, which will be next years freshmen, will be only 15 strong, and be the first of three small classes. by the time USC gets back to signing a full class, these guys will be seniors or RS juniors (assuming they can afford any RS). If Kiffen and USC are going to do anything, they had better do it next year, cause they're in for some hard times.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
I cant stand Kiffykin and feel like karma will catch up to him eventually. I am a big fan of his wife, though, simply from the standpoint of some good eye candy. But I have to say that I actually like Barkley. Im not sure which game it was I saw him in (vs Oregon or Stanford) but he is real deal as a QB. If there was a way for him to have a succesful year while USC loses every game, I would be for that.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think it's a simple business decision. Why take a pay cut to be a professional when you can make more by attending college? :)

Nah....honestly I think Barkely would be the third QB selected behind Luck and Griffin 3 and if that makes him a post top ten pick it could cost him millions.

He'll be the top QB in next years draft. Just makes sense for him to stay.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I'm no fan of USC by any stretch but it always makes me happy to see guys coming back for their senior year.

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
I can't imagine the decision you have to make to either take the NFL money or have the pleasure of playing for Bama just one more season. It basically comes down to playing about 4 more months of Bama football one more time in your life or taking the money.

I wish I could sit here and say it is a no brainer I would play for Bama one more season instead of taking the money but I don't have that decision.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
He's a guy that grew up dreaming about playing QB at USC. He's done it and he's from a pretty well off family. I'm sure they will take out a nice insurance policy on him too. Not really that hard of a decision to make. If he played at any other school other than his dream school I'm guessing he would be going pro.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.