Question: Why are Dems so against voter I.D. laws?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Heck in 1996, a group of voters in California went to the vicinity of a polling station with signs in English and Spanish saying "Warning! It is against the law for non-citizens to vote in a US election!"
The local Democrat party secured an emergency court order from the nearest Federal judge to stop "voter intimidation." Of course, no rational human being could believe that such a sign would intimidate a legal voter. But a Federal judge believe this was the case and issued the injunction.[/QUOTE]

This was in California, right? It might also happen in NY, and maybe Florida (maybe not) but I'd bet a lot no judge anywhere else, federal or otherwise, would fall on that hand grenade right now. They let people heckle at military funerals, and I know voting is different, but quoting the law would be OK in just about any other state. Pretty sure Alabama would have no problem with it.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I know plenty of poor people and elderly people and poor elderly people and they have a photo ID. They need it to get cigarettes and cheap booze.

I can't believe people are vouching for people to decide who the nation's leaders should be, when they can't or won't meet the same requirement as a Blockbuster video.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I know plenty of poor people and elderly people and poor elderly people and they have a photo ID. They need it to get cigarettes and cheap booze.

I can't believe people are vouching for people to decide who the nation's leaders should be, when they can't or won't meet the same requirement as a Blockbuster video.
It's not that at all. They just want to think we're so gullible as to fall for their lies. In the Democratic Party, it's all about the lies, the deceit and the cheating to avoid playing by the same rules as the rest of us.
Geez..by all their words and their actions you'd think those folks are down on the plains. .. :rolleyes:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Fair enough, as long as photo IDs are provided free of charge for the indigent. I believe that there are few folks who would like to vote but have no driver's license. Thus, I believe the cost of any "free photo ID for the indigent" program would be relatively small and worth the expense, if it protected the integrity of the voting process. Protecting the integrity of the voting process is the sine qua non of a republic.
I agree and have no problem giving out free ID cards for voting purposes. (If a non-driver wanted an ID for other reasons, they would still have to pay).

The actual cost of printing a drivers license is a lot smaller than whatever it is you actually pay, so it wouldn't be a big expense.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I guess you just see what you want or expect.
maybe it is different outside of baltimore. i applaud you for finding a sensible area of maryland in which you can hide from the absurdity of bmore. i dont see what i want, i just happen to notice this is easily the most racist place i have ever lived or even visited.

but back to the subject- this has nothing to do with the poor or the elderly or minorities. it has everything to do with cheating like hell in elections. it is obvious to anyone who even gives it a cursory glance. everything else is a red herring to the discussion.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
but back to the subject- this has nothing to do with the poor or the elderly or minorities. it has everything to do with cheating like hell in elections. it is obvious to anyone who even gives it a cursory glance. everything else is a red herring to the discussion.
As I asked earlier, is there any documentation showing any significant amount of voter fraud today? I dont know and no one seems able to provide any.:confused:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
As I asked earlier, is there any documentation showing any significant amount of voter fraud today? I dont know and no one seems able to provide any.:confused:
Maybe your statement relies on the word, "significant". Nevertheless, maybe this is at least a small example: http://electionlawcenter.com/2011/10/18/indiana-voter-fraud-scandal-grows.aspx

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
That's true. If a birth certificate can be forged, how difficult can a driver license be? :wink:
LOL. The problem is that pictures are static while our actual faces are not. People change hair styles or colors, grow beard, wear glasses or contacts, perform plastic surgeries, and on top of it all we age. I swear when I look at my wife's ID picture which was taken during her college year, I'm not really sure who I'm looking at.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
why dont we go old school and just put purple paint on people's thumbs?

...or does that discriminate against the poor and the elderly? :rolleyes:
I'm sure someone will say that is voter intimidation or discrimates against those without thumbs. Shop teachers are over the country would be unable to vote.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
this got all the news. to be fair, i dont know how many fraudulent votes were cast, just the sign-ups were fraudulent.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html
On Monday, Nevada officials charged Acorn, its regional director and its Las Vegas field director with submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registration forms last year. Larry Lomax, the registrar of voters in Las Vegas, says he believes 48% of Acorn's forms "are clearly fraudulent." On Thursday, prosecutors in Pittsburgh, Pa., also charged seven Acorn employees with filing hundreds of fraudulent voter registrations before last year's general election.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.