Link: Oregon Introduces Its Rose Bowl Uniforms

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Let's Roll Tide

1st Team
Sep 29, 2003
Denver, CO
Wow. Through all of the crazy changing uniforms for Oregon, the one constant has been the plain "O" on the side of the helmet. Guess it was time to change that too, huh? :rolleyes:
Nike has some long running feud with Oakley, I think regarding some patent infringement by one of the companies. I think Nike was just looking to get the similar looking "O" off the helmet because it reminds so many of the Oakley "O". Amazing the power Nike has over Oregon and certain other football teams. I'm glad Saban refused their offer to provide UA with their combat unis this year...

RunAtlanta

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 5, 2011
I don't understand why there's so much dislike. Here's how I see it.

1. Nike giving back to the community it's based in. Oregon = Nike; It's where it all began.
2. What kind of athlete, especially among college kids like me, doesn't want the latest Nike products?
3. Let the kids be rewarded. They had a good season.
4. Oregon doesn't have football tradition, so it's not like they're breaking sacred rules or anything.

Let the uniforms change. (However, if a school loaded with tradition like ours does that, I'd be unhappy).

Those wings in the last picture were stupid, though.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
First off, many people must like the Oregon fashion show, because there's always a new thread on each change. And, they might as well just put a runway on the 50 yard line, so they can model each new uniform design out before the game.

Where's LSUfreak when we need him???

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I can tell you who likes Oregon jerseys. 8-10 year old boys all over the nation. My 9-year old and his friends think the Oregon jerseys are "sick" (in a good way). Santa even brought him 2 Oregon jerseys for Christmas (green and black - he also got a Bama #3 jersey and a Gamecock #21 so he will be one confused kid when he is older). Point being non-Oregon fans are following Oregon and buying their merchandise, so laugh all you want because Oregon and Nike are laughing all the way to the bank, plus all those 9 and 10 year old boys are growing up to be 18 year old HS recruits, and they are putting the Ducks on their list of schools.

Don't get me wrong, I felt like everyone else on this board for years, until 2 years ago when I heard my son and his friends talking up the Oregon jerseys. Then I realized that the jerseys weren't for my benefit anyway. It's been a marketing coup by Oregon and Nike.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
definition: Oregon football, noun: a fashion show, where occasionally, a football game breaks out.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I like them...the all black with gold trim looks good to me. Do I prefer our "traditional" uniforms? Yes...I think we have the vest ones in the business. I can't fault a team for trying to gain attention because of their uniforms though. At least don't have neon on them...

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
My nephew, a high school QB, thinks they are "sick". Guess who they are designed to appeal to....you guessed it, high school recruits. Guess what, it works. The uniforms garner attention and many, many kids love them.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I can tell you who likes Oregon jerseys. 8-10 year old boys all over the nation. ... It's been a marketing coup by Oregon and Nike.
Hopefully, by the time they are 18ish, they will still like Oregon but choose not to go play for a team that loses its biggest games in cool uniforms.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Hopefully, by the time they are 18ish, they will still like Oregon but choose not to go play for a team that loses its biggest games in cool uniforms.
Like it or not, this is a trend that's not going away anytime soon.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/12/28/uniforms/index.html?sct=cf_wr_a3

As long as Oregon has Nike money they will lead the way IMO. I hope Bama stays the course with its units and I hope southeastern recruits aren't swayed so much by the outlandish uniform trend.

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011
I'll take traditional every time. If Oregon wasn't winning we'd never hear about it though. The fact they win helps with recruiting. How long did the buzz last about the hideous uniforms Maryland wore early this year? Praying Bama never stoops to this level....

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.