Watching Title Game at Disney

jbamaj

Dec 17, 2009
Katy,TX
My family will be on vacation at Disney during the week of the game. Does any know of a good place on one of the Disney properties to watch the game with other Alabama fans?

Thanks

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Yep. Go to the ESPN Club over at Disney's Boardwalk.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/espn-club/
Yes, and get there early if you want a table. They do not take reservations and it is always packed. Good thing, though, there is an awesome arcade attached to it to pass the time and spend your money! :) IMO, the next best place to watch a Bama game, besides the Dome would be at Disney! Roll Tide!!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I was going to recommend the ESPN Zone as well. We watched the 2001 Independence Bowl there (Bama beat Iowa St. 14-13). There were fans of both schools there and we had some fun taunting (in a friendly way) each other. Good food and good times.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
In the event you can't get a seat at the ESPN Club, don't despair. All the hotels on property, including over in the Disney Village/Marketplace area, have bars in them and most of those bars have at least several tv's. You'll be able to see the game amongst other fans.

But you truly need to do your best to get in the ESPN Club. It's a rockin' good time.

jbamaj

Dec 17, 2009
Katy,TX
Thanks. ESPN sounds like the place. How long does it take to get from one of the parks over to the Boardwalk? I'm assuming Disney has a shuttle over to it.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
If you are at EPCOT or Hollywood Studios you can walk or ride the boat. If you are at Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom, you will just need to get on a bus to the Boardwalk Resort. Or, from MK, you can monorail to Epcot and walk/ride boat to Boardwalk. I would plan on 30 minutes of travel/wait time. Personally, I would go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios that day so transportation is easy. The walk from Epcot is about 5 minutes, boat ride longer. The walk from Hollywood Studios is about 20 minutes, the boat ride about the same. If you need anymore disney related tips, feel free to message me. We go at least once a year and are DVC members. I am as much a Disney nerd as I am a Bama fan. :)

jbamaj

Dec 17, 2009
Katy,TX
We are heading to Epcot on Monday. That was by design as it was the easiest park for my son and I to leave early. Great hear that it is also a short trip over. For some reason the girls would rather be in Disney. I must have failed them somewhere along the way.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
In the event you can't get a seat at the ESPN Club, don't despair. All the hotels on property, including over in the Disney Village/Marketplace area, have bars in them and most of those bars have at least several tv's. You'll be able to see the game amongst other fans.

But you truly need to do your best to get in the ESPN Club. It's a rockin' good time.
Yes, if ESPN Club is too crowded, there are plenty of bars in the Downtown Disney areas. Not sure where you are staying, but many of the Disney resorts have nice bars with plenty of TV's for your viewing pleasure. We usually stay at the Coronado Springs Resort (mainly due to it's proximity to certain parks) and they have a nice outdoor bar. I watched a Yankees/Red Sox game there this past summer, and it was a blast viewing the game with fans from all over the country (big Yankees fan here).

I guarantee you that you will see plenty of Bama fans down there. Strike up a conversation and you'll likely find some other places where folks will be going to catch the games.

And like Bamabelle, we are Disney nerds as well. We've done Christmas, Spring Break, Thanksgiving, Summer......and we've even been back now that we have kids :wink:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I was at disney world during the UF and Vandy games this year. watched them form my hotel at Saratoga Springs. the disney hotels carry all of the ESPN/ABC affiliates.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
All Great advise, EPCOT is the closest park, when they say EARLY at the zone they mean no later than 4 EST. It fills quick. Check at your hotel as well they may have a party you can join.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
I feel for you, and will pray for you, brother. Ugh. Can't think of a worse place to be! Especially during the BCSNC!!
HAHA, my family and I are down here now. been here since Christmas Day. It is insane down here right now. I doubt I come back during the holidays like this again. To the OP though, by the time you get here, the crowds overall should have slacked off. But, take the advice and hit the zone early.... And if you didnt know, the trading pins you see people walking around with, they do have one for Alabama football. You may want to pick that up as a souvenir.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
HAHA, my family and I are down here now. been here since Christmas Day. It is insane down here right now. I doubt I come back during the holidays like this again. To the OP though, by the time you get here, the crowds overall should have slacked off. But, take the advice and hit the zone early.... And if you didnt know, the trading pins you see people walking around with, they do have one for Alabama football. You may want to pick that up as a souvenir.
Am down here on vacation as well -

And you're absolutely right!

Insanity!

I'm afraid I might die of old age sitting in traffic.

We fly home Sunday, so hope I can make it til then...

Enjoy the game!!!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
This is NOT the time of year to go to the Mouse. All schools out nationwide and the international tourists are in full force as well. As season pass holders, we stay away until late January. Too many people.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
We are heading to Epcot on Monday. That was by design as it was the easiest park for my son and I to leave early. Great hear that it is also a short trip over. For some reason the girls would rather be in Disney. I must have failed them somewhere along the way.
Be sure and visit the beer garden at EPCOT. A must see. :)

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I love Disney. For all its faults, its positives far outweigh them. I grew up in Central Florida, when it was inexpensive to go, so we went often. It wasn't unusual back in the 70's for us to go every Saturday during summer and Christmas vacation. Then, during college, I worked all my summers and Christmas breaks at EPCOT. Now I've got kids of my own and we've taken them about half a dozen times. The prices now are so exorbitant that they're almost prohibitive. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, I've managed to make Disneyphiles of my kids. I envy those of you who live close enough to hold season passes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.