My family from missouri predicts a 6-2 conference record their 1st year in the sec!

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
With their only losses coming against alabama and georgia.
I have told them all, and have proclaimed from the start, that missouri will struggle mightily in football in the sec. Being a middle of the pack team in the big 12 will result in a bottom of the barrel team for the sec. I honestly see them going 2 and 6, even a possible 1 and 7 to start their 1st year in conference play. I would pick sc,florida,or even vandy over missouri on a regular basis ANY DAY. We play a different brand of football in the sec, and the the tigers will soon see exactly what I mean ,when I say that.

I was wondering everyones takes about Missouri going 6-2, in 2012

On a brighter note I see them competing immediately in golf, soccer,basketball, and baseball.

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
are they dislexic?

:) lol
No he is a Missouri alumni, class of 1982 I believe, and practices free lance in advertising.
He will be in for a rude awakening:)

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I don't know who else mizzou plays from the west outside of us and a&m but the east will be weak again. They should beat uk, Vandy, and tenn. Not sure how good UF or USCe will be next year. Bama and uga are probably only games mizzou would not be favored. I see them winning 4-5 in conference. 6 isn't a huge stretch, but is a bit optimistic.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
With their only losses coming against alabama and georgia.
I have told them all, and have proclaimed from the start, that missouri will struggle mightily in football in the sec. Being a middle of the pack team in the big 12 will result in a bottom of the barrel team for the sec. I honestly see them going 2 and 6, even a possible 1 and 7 to start their 1st year in conference play. I would pick sc,florida,or even vandy over missouri on a regular basis ANY DAY. We play a different brand of football in the sec, and the the tigers will soon see exactly what I mean ,when I say that.

I was wondering everyones takes about Missouri going 6-2, in 2012

On a brighter note I see them competing immediately in golf, soccer,basketball, and baseball.
While 6-2 is possible road games in the SEC are tough. Games at Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee will be more than a challenge.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
5-3, 4-4. I don't think they're going to struggle as mightily as you expect.
I think what is going to "get them" is when they find out that even the "bad" teams in the SEC aren't easy wins from a physicality standpoint. The week in, week out wear and tear of of facing physically oriented defenses is much different than facing Big 12-2 defenses.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think what is going to "get them" is when they find out that even the "bad" teams in the SEC aren't easy wins from a physicality standpoint. The week in, week out wear and tear of of facing physically oriented defenses is much different than facing Big 12-2 defenses.
I agree but something has happened to the SEC East over the past few years. There is a coaching vacuum that has occurred, frankly, it started with Fulmer's downfall. Then Richt lost his way, and now Florida is a shambles of their former selves. While Kentucky and Vanderbilt play tough most years, they're not as talented as Missouri is. South Carolina has made strides under Spurrier, but is that because of the three powers of the East falling?

I'll say that Missouri will lose to Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina for sure. But they can win all the other conference games on their schedule, with the possibility of losing to Florida. Their ceiling is 6-2, IMO.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I agree but something has happened to the SEC East over the past few years. There is a coaching vacuum that has occurred, frankly, it started with Fulmer's downfall. Then Richt lost his way, and now Florida is a shambles of their former selves. While Kentucky and Vanderbilt play tough most years, they're not as talented as Missouri is. South Carolina has made strides under Spurrier, but is that because of the three powers of the East falling?

I'll say that Missouri will lose to Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina for sure. But they can win all the other conference games on their schedule, with the possibility of losing to Florida. Their ceiling is 6-2, IMO.

I like what Franklin's got going on at Vandy. His style of football looked very promising for the 'Dores and their fans should be excited about next season. I firmly believe Florida and their defense will be VASTLY improved in the second season under Muschamp. Offense? I don't know. Still to be seen.

I think Missouri losses to:

Georgia
South Carolina
Alabama
Florida
Tennessee- toss up but they are playing in Neyland

*Realistic potential loss-Vandy

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I agree with BB. I think at best 4-4. They have not played against defenses like they will see next year completely different ball game for them.
Dooley will be under a lot of pressure next year so will Muschamp if he loses to Mizz.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As long as they lose to us I'm not concerned about their record. I do think they'll compete in basketball, no idea on their other sports. Glad to see they have gymnastics, anoither conference team in that sport is good.

They do everything the SEC does but men's tennis (that's odd) but do have a wrestling team. I wish the SEC would pick that sport back up, but that's not going to happen.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
6-2 may be pushing it a little but as bad as the SEC east is next year I could see that record. Bama and UGA will beat them. Other than that, who ya got? USC usually loses to a team they shouldn't (i.e., Auburn in 2011). UF will be down again. Don't think hiring a new OC will make that much of a difference. Muschamp is going to have to recruit some prostyle players in there if he's not gonna run the spread. UT could be mediocre to good with getting Bray and Hunter back. UK is terrible and we will see if Vandy will be back to being Vandy or are they for real. With Vandy, I tend to think the latter because of their new coach but they still have a ways to go. Part of their success was the low level of competition in the SEC east. They were beaten by all the mediocre and good teams (UF, MSU, Bama, UGA, USC, UT). So, I would say that 5-3 or even 6-2 is doable. They definitely got the better deal going to the East. A&M will be the one with a 4-4 or 3-5 SEC record next year.

Last edited:

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
6-2 may be pushing it a little but as bad as the SEC east is next year I could see that record. Bama and UGA will beat them. Other than that, who ya got? USC usually loses to a team they shouldn't (i.e., Auburn in 2011). UF will be down again. Don't think hiring a new OC will make that much of a difference. Muschamp is going to have to recruit some prostyle players in there if he's not gonna run the spread. UT could be mediocre to good with getting Bray and Hunter back. UK is terrible and we will see if Vandy will be back to being Vandy or are they for real. With Vandy, I tend to think the latter because of their new coach but they still have a ways to go. Part of their success was the low level of competition in the SEC east. They were beaten by all the mediocre and good teams (UF, MSU, Bama, UGA, USC, UT). So, I would say that 5-3 or even 6-2 is doable. They definitely got the better deal going to the East. A&M will be the one with a 4-4 or 3-5 SEC record next year.
As bad as the sec east will be next year?? I think most college experts are predicting vast improvement from florida, tennessee,SC, and vandy.
The defenses coupled with the physicality of the sec will prove to much for the show me state. They ain't in KANSAS no more TOTO, it's going to be a hard row to hoe in the sec for several years.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
As bad as the sec east will be next year?? I think most college experts are predicting vast improvement from florida, tennessee,SC, and vandy.
The defenses coupled with the physicality of the sec will prove to much for the show me state. They ain't in KANSAS no more TOTO, it's going to be a hard row to hoe in the sec for several years.
I have to disagree. Most of those teams will improve with the exception of USC. It's going to be hard for them to improve on a 10-2 or even an 11-2 record (depending on their bowl game). The rest of the teams you mentioned could win 2 or 3 more games each next year but that puts them at 8-4 or 9-3 which is a mediocre record. But I guess if the "experts" say it we must take it as truth. Mizzou is not a horrible team, and I'm not saying they are going to win the East next year. I'm just saying it is very possible (and even likely) for the SEC East to be about the same next year as it is this year. Mizzou is a mediocre team that fits in nicely with a mediocre division.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
USC is 11-5 overall in SEC past 2 seasons, 9-1 against SECE foes. USC has only lost 1 home SEC game in the past 2 seasons. It's a bit presumptuous to take a win in Columbia for granted. It is worth nothing that Mizzou piled up some big offensive numbers against 6 defenses ranked 90th or worse in total defense (7 if you count the FCS team they played). That means 7 of their 12 regular season games were against horrible defenses. By comparison, if Mizzou had played Kentucky this season that would have been the third best defense they faced all year based on NCAA rankings of total defense. Mizzou only faced two defenses ranked in the top 60, and only one top 20 defense (Texas) and they struggled to move the ball and to score on Texas and even surrendered a safety.

Mizzou is not a bad football team and should compete in SECE - not an instant doormat at all - but I will be surprised if they win more than 4 or 5 games their first season in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.