Why does ESPN keep Lou Holtz?

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
After the Meineke bowl game, Holtz said he felt the Aggies had the talent to compete right now in the SEC. Mark got that little smile of his and said that yes, the Aggies might compete, but not win. Lou was obviously irritated, stating that they were capable of competing well against Arkansas and others in the SEC excluding Alabama and LSU. I'll concede Vandy, but ARKANSAS?!

What does ESPN see in Holtz that week after week he makes odd, totally skewed observations about the SEC and Alabama in particular?

No offense is meant by this to our new Aggie friends. Congratulations on winning your bowl. But as another thread stated, you are changing coaches for a reason.

bobbywoodward

Jul 7, 2011
I think he probably stated they could compete with Arkansas because, you know, they competed with Arkansas. No they did not win, even with a big lead, but they still competed quite nicely. There was not much of a talent gap on the field that day.

Tideski

1st Team
Oct 21, 2007
North Alabama
Dr. Lou and Mark May are actors for ESPN. They oppose each other to make a show. Lou makes folks mad and it creates RATINGS. Mark May is the counterweight.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Dr. Lou and Mark May are actors for ESPN. They oppose each other to make a show. Lou makes folks mad and it creates RATINGS. Mark May is the counterweight.
And this is exactly the problem with so many different media outlets nowadays. Instead of getting the facts out, they create idiots who hear their moronic talking points. When the final BCS rankings came out and we were #2, every single person who wanted Oklahoma State in the title game all said the exact same garbage that got spewed by "pundits" on espn and sports radio. All they could do was be parrots and repeat what someone else told them to say. These people werent informed. I'd get into arguments with people and ask "so do you have any opinions of your own or do you just repeat what you heard on espn?" And they wouldnt know what to do at that point.

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008
treat lou as an actor. it's been called as "entertainment" sports programming network for a reason.

After the Meineke bowl game, Holtz said he felt the Aggies had the talent to compete right now in the SEC. Mark got that little smile of his and said that yes, the Aggies might compete, but not win. Lou was obviously irritated, stating that they were capable of competing well against Arkansas and others in the SEC excluding Alabama and LSU. I'll concede Vandy, but ARKANSAS?!

What does ESPN see in Holtz that week after week he makes odd, totally skewed observations about the SEC and Alabama in particular?

No offense is meant by this to our new Aggie friends. Congratulations on winning your bowl. But as another thread stated, you are changing coaches for a reason.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I cannot stand Lou Holtz, and when he starts talking I always mute my TV. He seems to have this "know-it-all" air about him and thinks people should just gobble up every word he spits out, pun intended.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I've often wondered why ESPN keeps him for the simple reason that he advertises so much for Notre Dame, which is aired on a competing network.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I actually, sort of agree with Lou... to a point. The Aggies will come into the West and beat the Mississippi schools and possibly Arkansas. The can certainly beat the Barn, as well. They are a better program than Kentucky, Tennessee, and Vandy. They can beat Fla, especially in College Station (not saying they will, just saying they can). They will be just another SEC team that can beat you on any given Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.