BCSCG Alabama vs. LSU - Pick the Score

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Re: BCSCG Alabma vs. LSU - Pick the Score

I expect this game to be a bit different from the first on the offensive side from both teams and both will try and be more aggressive offensively, but I expect more aggressive gameplan especially from BAMA.
These teams know each other very well, both extremely talented, and are fairly evenly matched albeit with some varying strengths & weaknesses on each side, but with LSU having a distinct edge in special teams. Having said that, BAMA still was able to move the ball well enough against them despite the disadvantage.
I do think the previous meeting between the two teams, as well as the GSU option game helps BAMA defend LSU’s Jefferson a bit better in this game this time around but LSU’s run game is not limited to Jefferson, he just helps make it a bit more diverse.
Offensively, BAMA was able to move the ball pretty well against LSU in the first game, but special teams and critical penalties killed them near the red zone. LSU will definitely have an edge in special teams and BAMA cannot afford to make mistakes in that area. BAMA has got to eliminate the penalties which were drive killers in the first meeting.
I like the fact that Coach Saban tends to not lose to a team the second time around, and I think he will have our BAMA guys ready again with an excellent, winning game plan. IMO, a stout and disciplined defense along with an excellent running game by TR, Lacy & Fowler, will once again dictate the game in this one, and I think BAMA still has the best overall in both.
The mind-set and words coming from the LSU camp (players & fans) is seemingly that they don’t want to play BAMA or that BAMA isn’t deserving to be in this game; I like it that BAMA’s camp has been quiet which hopefully points to a well-focused and determined team to prove the nay-sayers and whiners wrong.
I think the points in this one could go as high as 24-21 but am going with...

21 BAMA
17 LSU

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.

I expect this game to be a bit different from the first on the offensive side from both teams and both will try and be more aggressive offensively, but I expect more aggressive gameplan especially from BAMA.
These teams know each other very well, both extremely talented, and are fairly evenly matched albeit with some varying strengths & weaknesses on each side, but with LSU having a distinct edge in special teams. Having said that, BAMA still was able to move the ball well enough against them despite the disadvantage.
I do think the previous meeting between the two teams, as well as the GSU option game helps BAMA defend LSU’s Jefferson a bit better in this game this time around but LSU’s run game is not limited to Jefferson, he just helps make it a bit more diverse.
Offensively, BAMA was able to move the ball pretty well against LSU in the first game, but special teams and critical penalties killed them near the red zone. LSU will definitely have an edge in special teams and BAMA cannot afford to make mistakes in that area. BAMA has got to eliminate the penalties which were drive killers in the first meeting.
I like the fact that Coach Saban tends to not lose to a team the second time around, and I think he will have our BAMA guys ready again with an excellent, winning game plan. IMO, a stout and disciplined defense along with an excellent running game by TR, Lacy & Fowler, will once again dictate the game in this one, and I think BAMA still has the best overall in both.
The mind-set and words coming from the LSU camp (players & fans) is seemingly that they don’t want to play BAMA or that BAMA isn’t deserving to be in this game; I like it that BAMA’s camp has been quiet which hopefully points to a well-focused and determined team to prove the nay-sayers and whiners wrong.
I think the points in this one could go as high as 24-21 but am going with...

21 BAMA
17 LSU
I could not have said it better. I think you are dead on,

mparker2997

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2005

Too early to have feel for the score. I can't wait to start seeing the coverage on tv this week! It's gonna be a long week and weekend.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

I've been saying for weeks that we beat them by 2 scores. I'm saying 27-17 Bama, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see 35-17 either. :)

BAMA-RULZ

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2008

31-17 Bama wins going away. They can't control our offensive line, running game and our H BACK. By the time they see what's going on, we will go long to maze or wheel route to Trent. We will bring too many weapons to the party. :) RTR

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I think if we get into the mid to upper 20's we win. I don't see our defense giving up more than that. But my prediction is

34-17 Bama!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Wow! I hope you guys are are predicting a double digit win are on target. I'll enjoy it more that way in the 4th quarter!!!

However, my gut tells me it will be up for grabs in the 4th quarter and that Bama's pluck and grit will writ her name in Crimson flame (again)!

24-20.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

LSU 24 Bama 23

Full disclosure, I called the Nov 5 game and the Iron Bowl wrong this season, I pray I am wrong again one week from today--I just think Jordan Jefferson with the option play has our number.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

LSU 24 Bama 23

Full disclosure, I called the Nov 5 game and the Iron Bowl wrong this season, I pray I am wrong again one week from today--I just think Jordan Jefferson with the option play has our number.
That's ok I think I picked Bama by 40 every game this year!

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia

LSU 24 Bama 23

In that case you are free to pick LSU to win all you want, in fact, pick them to win a lopsided victory and I will like it even more

trunkdog

Suspended
Oct 21, 2011

ALABAMA | 10 | 17 | 17 | 14 | --- 58

L S U | 0 | 0 | 3 | 3 | --- 6

No Contest, guys, no contest!
This D does not allow touchdowns.
Two Picks Sixes - One Punt Return for TD
Saban allows Cade a little healing with a 48 yarder to end the first half.
Banner day for Brandon Gibson!
Trent and Eddie pound a hole in the LSU defense.
Player of the game goes to the unsung Barrett Jones!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.