Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Story on AJ McCarron's Childhood Accident

Last edited by RTR251; January 3rd, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Story on AJ MCcarron's Childhood Accident

Great story...thanks for the link.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

i can't understand why people would put a young child on something like that. i have seen some horrific accidents involving young children (under 10) and motorized toys
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i can't understand why people would put a young child on something like that. i have seen some horrific accidents involving young children (under 10) and motorized toys
    PWC's are the debil. Too many people who have no idea what they are doing nor any clue as to the rules of the water can sit themselves on top of 750+cc's and become instant danger. When they're buzzing around me, I avoid them like the plague. This story, sadly, is par for the course.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

I coach middle school baseball here in Ga. I had a player (he is basically one of my kids as his entire family) last year at the end of the school year get in a wreck with his 3 brothers, cousin, and sister. The little cousin (3rd grade didn't make it R.I.P.) he brothers got several different degrees of injuries but his was the worst. Shattered face. They gave him less than 1% chance of survival, nothing more. The kid plays all 3 sports. On December 15 they took a 2 inch piece of rib out to reconstruct his nose. Needless to say he is alive this day and plans on playing a middle school basketball on January 5 (starting PG). It is truly a miracle he is alive much less having no major problems. He will be playing baseball for me at the end of the month. All I can say is reading AJ's story brought me to tears and I will show it to Cody as he and his family are recovering and are Alabama fans too. God is awesome.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPride's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That's a great story. Congrats to AJ and his family on what he has accomplished. Things could have easily gone the other way.
    "There's lots of Tigers and Bears, but there's only one Crimson Tide." -Mal Moore
    "It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." - Paul (Bear) Bryant
    "Arguing with a fool proves there are two." - Doris M. Smith

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The story gave me happy tears. I have an 8 year old son who dreams of playing football at Alabama and excels at 3 sports. I can't imagine the horror AJ's mom and dad felt that day. I am so thankful things turned out OK! AJ is a blessing to the Bama team and fanbase.

It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and criticize those who don't exercise caution when allowing their children contact with ATV's a PWC's or other dangerous things, for that matter. This accident doesn't make AJ's dad any less of a good dad, it just makes them victims of a terrible accident. Sure, it probably wasn't a good idea in hindsight, but no parent ever intends for something bad to happen. I would love to meet the parents on this planet who didn't let their kids do SOMETHING stupid. Whether it be ride a bike without a helmet, ride a jetski, zipline, play any type of sport, ride in the front seat of a car when they are under the age of 14 on a daily basis, eat raw cookie dough--you get the point. There are many degrees of stupid parental decisions and we ALL make them.

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    The story gave me happy tears. I have an 8 year old son who dreams of playing football at Alabama and excels at 3 sports. I can't imagine the horror AJ's mom and dad felt that day. I am so thankful things turned out OK! AJ is a blessing to the Bama team and fanbase.

It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and criticize those who don't exercise caution when allowing their children contact with ATV's a PWC's or other dangerous things, for that matter. This accident doesn't make AJ's dad any less of a good dad, it just makes them victims of a terrible accident. Sure, it probably wasn't a good idea in hindsight, but no parent ever intends for something bad to happen. I would love to meet the parents on this planet who didn't let their kids do SOMETHING stupid. Whether it be ride a bike without a helmet, ride a jetski, zipline, play any type of sport, ride in the front seat of a car when they are under the age of 14 on a daily basis, eat raw cookie dough--you get the point. There are many degrees of stupid parental decisions and we ALL make them.
    Well as a baseball/softball coach, and a father of a 2 year old boy and another due in May, I have seen some balls hit back up the middle and pitcher never had time to react I was glad to see them just not hit directly at the kid. Crap I have had them hit at me at first base. It is scary to see what some of these kids can do now-a-days.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

i understand what you are saying.

but i have no problem "sitting behind a screen" and criticizing a parent who puts a five year old on a PWC or ATV. doing something like that is not just stupid in hindsight, it doesn't take much thought to realize its a bad idea before the fact. I'm glad everything turned out ok and i don't in anyway think this makes AJs dad a bad parent. but it was a very poor decision.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

I would hate to be their kid!

BamaNation Second Team

As a mother of two young boys, I can't imagine what his mother went through that day. How horrible. I too had tears in my eyes reading this...especially after looking at his little smiling face with his face all beaten and bandaged up. So glad that he's OK and he's our QB. What a remarkable young man! Roll Tide, AJ! Go get #14!

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wow what an amazing story, and I am very glad he recovered, as well as anyone who went through anything like this. Truly amazing what the medical field can do nowadays, saving my life twice as well, I thank our doctors every day that I'm still here!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Evidently I'm hiding behind a screen so I'll go ahead and respond. My statement had to do with the ease of which people who have no business being on navigable waterways can access them via pwc's. If that's an indictment on his parenting then so be it. You made that assumption, not me. You can endanger yourself and your family all you want, just don't get on the water and endanger me and mine if you've got no clue what you're doing. The water ain't a very forgiving place and I see idiotic behavior every time I'm on it.

So yeah, I'll criticize stupidity all day. Has nothing to do allowing kids to do "dangerous" activities.