Link: Story on AJ MCcarron's Childhood Accident

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i can't understand why people would put a young child on something like that. i have seen some horrific accidents involving young children (under 10) and motorized toys

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
i can't understand why people would put a young child on something like that. i have seen some horrific accidents involving young children (under 10) and motorized toys
PWC's are the debil. Too many people who have no idea what they are doing nor any clue as to the rules of the water can sit themselves on top of 750+cc's and become instant danger. When they're buzzing around me, I avoid them like the plague. This story, sadly, is par for the course.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I coach middle school baseball here in Ga. I had a player (he is basically one of my kids as his entire family) last year at the end of the school year get in a wreck with his 3 brothers, cousin, and sister. The little cousin (3rd grade didn't make it R.I.P.) he brothers got several different degrees of injuries but his was the worst. Shattered face. They gave him less than 1% chance of survival, nothing more. The kid plays all 3 sports. On December 15 they took a 2 inch piece of rib out to reconstruct his nose. Needless to say he is alive this day and plans on playing a middle school basketball on January 5 (starting PG). It is truly a miracle he is alive much less having no major problems. He will be playing baseball for me at the end of the month. All I can say is reading AJ's story brought me to tears and I will show it to Cody as he and his family are recovering and are Alabama fans too. God is awesome.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
The story gave me happy tears. I have an 8 year old son who dreams of playing football at Alabama and excels at 3 sports. I can't imagine the horror AJ's mom and dad felt that day. I am so thankful things turned out OK! AJ is a blessing to the Bama team and fanbase.

It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and criticize those who don't exercise caution when allowing their children contact with ATV's a PWC's or other dangerous things, for that matter. This accident doesn't make AJ's dad any less of a good dad, it just makes them victims of a terrible accident. Sure, it probably wasn't a good idea in hindsight, but no parent ever intends for something bad to happen. I would love to meet the parents on this planet who didn't let their kids do SOMETHING stupid. Whether it be ride a bike without a helmet, ride a jetski, zipline, play any type of sport, ride in the front seat of a car when they are under the age of 14 on a daily basis, eat raw cookie dough--you get the point. There are many degrees of stupid parental decisions and we ALL make them.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
The story gave me happy tears. I have an 8 year old son who dreams of playing football at Alabama and excels at 3 sports. I can't imagine the horror AJ's mom and dad felt that day. I am so thankful things turned out OK! AJ is a blessing to the Bama team and fanbase.

It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and criticize those who don't exercise caution when allowing their children contact with ATV's a PWC's or other dangerous things, for that matter. This accident doesn't make AJ's dad any less of a good dad, it just makes them victims of a terrible accident. Sure, it probably wasn't a good idea in hindsight, but no parent ever intends for something bad to happen. I would love to meet the parents on this planet who didn't let their kids do SOMETHING stupid. Whether it be ride a bike without a helmet, ride a jetski, zipline, play any type of sport, ride in the front seat of a car when they are under the age of 14 on a daily basis, eat raw cookie dough--you get the point. There are many degrees of stupid parental decisions and we ALL make them.
Well as a baseball/softball coach, and a father of a 2 year old boy and another due in May, I have seen some balls hit back up the middle and pitcher never had time to react I was glad to see them just not hit directly at the kid. Crap I have had them hit at me at first base. It is scary to see what some of these kids can do now-a-days.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i understand what you are saying.

but i have no problem "sitting behind a screen" and criticizing a parent who puts a five year old on a PWC or ATV. doing something like that is not just stupid in hindsight, it doesn't take much thought to realize its a bad idea before the fact. I'm glad everything turned out ok and i don't in anyway think this makes AJs dad a bad parent. but it was a very poor decision.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas

I would hate to be their kid!

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
As a mother of two young boys, I can't imagine what his mother went through that day. How horrible. I too had tears in my eyes reading this...especially after looking at his little smiling face with his face all beaten and bandaged up. So glad that he's OK and he's our QB. What a remarkable young man! Roll Tide, AJ! Go get #14!

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Wow what an amazing story, and I am very glad he recovered, as well as anyone who went through anything like this. Truly amazing what the medical field can do nowadays, saving my life twice as well, I thank our doctors every day that I'm still here!

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Evidently I'm hiding behind a screen so I'll go ahead and respond. My statement had to do with the ease of which people who have no business being on navigable waterways can access them via pwc's. If that's an indictment on his parenting then so be it. You made that assumption, not me. You can endanger yourself and your family all you want, just don't get on the water and endanger me and mine if you've got no clue what you're doing. The water ain't a very forgiving place and I see idiotic behavior every time I'm on it.

So yeah, I'll criticize stupidity all day. Has nothing to do allowing kids to do "dangerous" activities.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Evidently I'm hiding behind a screen so I'll go ahead and respond. My statement had to do with the ease of which people who have no business being on navigable waterways can access them via pwc's. If that's an indictment on his parenting then so be it. You made that assumption, not me. You can endanger yourself and your family all you want, just don't get on the water and endanger me and mine if you've got no clue what you're doing. The water ain't a very forgiving place and I see idiotic behavior every time I'm on it.

So yeah, I'll criticize stupidity all day. Has nothing to do allowing kids to do "dangerous" activities.
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times.....I catch you or your kids taking a deuce in my pool again, I'll run over you with my waverunner. It IS bad parenting!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Growing up in the state of Alabama you want your kid to play for Alabama, be the quarterback there. That’s everybody’s dream.
Guess that is why *U went to Jawja, to find $cam. Oh, wait............*U is in Jawja. Anyway, amazing story. Very lucky to have even survived. He is one tough kid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.