McElroy calls out Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Let me make something Clear we love Greg, I have not watched a full Pro game in 15 years including super bowls however I did not miss a play oin Pre Season where Greg Played. He is a leader a good guy & crimson blooded for sure. He nailed it with the selfish players & if the Jets don't cut out that cancer, they will never get anywhere. Look out for Greg Next year, everyone who sold him short soon found out what he can do.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
?

Greg is a leader, didnt shut up while he was at bama, and it paid off. shouldnt do it now either.
While that may be true he is going to have his butt handed to him at practice because of this. The players who didnt care about winning or losing aren't going to like him going public. I also imagine the coaches aren't liking what he had to say.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
While that may be true he is going to have his butt handed to him at practice because of this. The players who didnt care about winning or losing aren't going to like him going public. I also imagine the coaches aren't liking what he had to say.
That's all I'm saying. Yes, he was a leader at Bama. However, as the Jets go he is non-entity. Had this been a freshman at Bama or someone from another school the opinions in this thread would be different. He earned the right to make statements like this at Bama. He hasn't done that with the Jets. Team issues should stay within the team.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
As a bottom of the barrel rookie he'd be better off keeping his mouth shut.
Yep. I love Greg but he really has no right to have any public opinion at all about what was wrong with the attitude of the team. Especially when he's never played a single down in a regular season NFL game.

Shew! I hope it doesn't happen but I'd be surprised if they don't release him.

Greg may not have realized it but when he said "If you go down our roster top to bottom there's no reason we shouldn't be a championship team"....well....uh....that, in a way,
implies, "We have talent..the coaches couldn't get it done".

And even if he talks about player attitudes and them not "Buying in" well, er Greg, this isn't college. NFL coaches that can't get players to buy in get fired and replaced by someone who can INDEED get the players to buy in. The owners don't fire players who have guaranteed 50 million dollar contracts. They fire coaches who .... them off.(Make them mad lol)

Not a good move by Greg. He may be working for ESPN sooner than later cause Rex Ryan ain't gonna like this at TALL...lol

sip

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
As others pointed out, Greg doesn't have the "capital" to be making these statements yet. I'm all for him, but whether you're a rookie in the pros or an entry level employee, there isn't much room for expressing personal opinions until you've made some headway in the company.

Yep. I love Greg but he really has no right to have any public opinion at all about what was wrong with the attitude of the team. Especially when he's never played a single down in a regular season NFL game.

Shew! I hope it doesn't happen but I'd be surprised if they don't release him.

Greg may not have realized it but when he said "If you go down our roster top to bottom there's no reason we shouldn't be a championship team"....well....uh....that, in a way,
implies, "We have talent..the coaches couldn't get it done".

And even if he talks about player attitudes and them not "Buying in" well, er Greg, this isn't college. NFL coaches that can't get players to buy in get fired and replaced by someone who can INDEED get the players to buy in. The owners don't fire players who have guaranteed 50 million dollar contracts. They fire coaches who .... them off.(Make them mad lol)

Not a good move by Greg. He may be working for ESPN sooner than later cause Rex Ryan ain't gonna like this at TALL...lol

sip
Again... because it's the Jets is why I'm finding all this hilarious. Loved Greg when he was here, but he's wearing the wrong uniform now.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
When you spend your first season on IR, you better keep your mouth shut if you want a job in that league. College is a better brand of football, but the NFL sure pays better.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think Greg thinks he has a future with the Jets or he wouldn't have made the statements. Question is will it endanger his future as an NFL exec or commentator. Maybe yes for the former, probably less for the latter...

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
I doubt Greg would want to play for the Jets... or any other team in the NFL with a situation like this. And he doesn't seem like the kind of person that would go do a radio interview and talk about his team like this without thinking about possible consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.