All I'm hearing in New Orleans is we're "Tiger Bait"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Don't even know where to begin about the classlessness of the LSU fans down here.
It's almost amazing the entitlement these people think they're owed.
All I'm hearing everywhere our group walks is "Tiger Bait". Is this even original?
I know the Florida fans yell Gator Bait whenever we play them.
"Tiger bait" is fairly new. I've always heard them say "Tiguh bait," and they've been saying that for years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Post on Facebook today: You know what's harder than beating Alabama twice in one season? Beating LSU ONCE in a season!
Ok, it took all the power of God for me not to respond and say " is that why you have had ONE undefeated season EVER in the 1950's you stupid B;t#£!"
I'm headed to the game tomorrow and can only hope LSU fans leave the game feeling like Miami fans!
My girlfriend's aunt (grew up in Montgomery, so she's a Bama fan) lives in Pineville, Louisiana. Her mom saw that either my girlfriend's cousin or uncle (both are LSU fans) posted on Facebook the joke about confusing goal line chalk for anthrax. We all thought the joke was dumb considering they didn't score a touchdown against us.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My girlfriend's aunt (grew up in Montgomery, so she's a Bama fan) lives in Pineville, Louisiana. Her mom saw that either my girlfriend's cousin or uncle (both are LSU fans) posted on Facebook the joke about confusing goal line chalk for anthrax. We all thought the joke was dumb considering they didn't score a touchdown against us.
Their overconfidence and arrogance is absolutely insane. There's nothing to indicate they win going away and Vegas agrees. In fact, if you take the current Bama line of -1 or - 1.5, and add back the 3 we would get for home advantage, Vegas feels more strongly this time than last that Bama wins. However, there's not one Bama out of 20 who's seriously saying Bama by 2 TDs. They're absolutely crazy, but then they specialize in that...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
If I had tickets you could say anything you like to me. I don't need any fan base to teach me about the Tide!

Have fun, enjoy, relax in the FACT that we have a Very Good Team & so does LSU.
This is going to be a Great Game, so being there is really something special.

RTR

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Yes, they can be obnoxious, but they can also be a whole lot of fun. You really have to just let the taunting roll off you like water off a duck's back. Give 'em a "Roll Tide," tell 'em how much you're looking forward to the game, and the more knowledgeable ones will give you some really good conversation. If they don't, then you know you've run into the more ignorant ones (which every fan base has), and you can be on your way.

Mostly, just have fun. If you focus on what they're doing rather than what you're trying to do, then you lose.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I hate to agree with the abarn fan, but he's right. If it is someone just yelling at you laugh, smile and go on. If they're close enough or you're in a position to engage them in conversation and you don't overreact or say anything stupid back you could make a new friend. I met a tailgating group from LSU about 6 years ago before a game that started the same way. To this day we exchange emails and text regularly. Good folks that were just having fun before the game, they meant nothing my what they were saying really and because of the way I reacted I made some good friends. When the wife and I went down to Lake Charles a few years back they treated us like royalty. When they were in town last year we blew out Big D. Take a chance, if they're truly jerks you can walk away knowing you showed your best side.

Remember this; no matter how snappy or good of a comeback you may have, its not going to change their minds or what they are doing. Let it go and enjoy your day. I remember two guys by me in the stands arguing the entire game this year during the TN game. They argued for 4 quarters about how many championships BAMA had. At the end of the game the TN said and believed the same thing he did when he left Knoxville. No matter how good the BAMA fans explanation was the outcome was the same and he had ruined his time at the game arguing.
Your advice is good, and I think many of us behave this way all of the time. The people who normally have problems often bring a lot of it on themselves with what they deem a "witty" response or by "putting them in their place." We met some LSU folks in NOLA after last year's game and still contact them from time to time and plan on getting together with them again the next time we are down there. Yes, there are some complete jerks in all fan bases, but most people are just looking to support their team and have a good time.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It's just fans being fans. Just ignore them and they will slide away. I remember very well Miami fans in 1992 were way more obnoxious and we all know how that turned out. Same with Tejas fans in 2009. Just smile and go on.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's like the advice you get if you're nervous about given a speech before a big crowd.."Imagine everyone is in their underwear"..Just imagine that the LSU Fan talking trash looks like this..Laugh..Then go about your way..

pnhs1311

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2007
Love that picture. It reminds me of an Alabama/LSU game that I attended in the late 70's. All of the LSU female fans were very stocky and a bit masculine in shape. By that I mean muscular. They were scary enough that I didn't try to engage them in conversation, or anything else.

tidefaninNOLA

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
There are quite a few heffers from swamp land, but it isn't fair to say every single one of them was. Honestly, we've got quite a few women with that description in Bama too.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
It's like the advice you get if you're nervous about given a speech before a big crowd.."Imagine everyone is in their underwear"..Just imagine that the LSU Fan talking trash looks like this..Laugh..Then go about your way..

]
Is it a given that THAT is actually a female? We are talking about Nawlins. Confirmation please, but not by me:eek:. Roll Tide, Roll!:BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.