Is the 2011 defense the best Alabama has ever had ?

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
Re: all time d rank?

I am 47 yrs old and have watched Bama FB since I can remember. This is the best I have ever seen. Unreal. RTR!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

All things considered, I don't think it's unrealistic to rank this team right up there with the best defenses of all time in college athletics. A truly outstanding group of players and young men, and I don't think I could possibly be any more proud to be a Bama fan than I am right now.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA

Which team was it that allowed like an average of 6 points per game back in the 60's?

I think if we are talking modern era, I would say no question about it. Absolutely!

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011

Yep they solidified it tonight. Great all time performance. For goodness sakes man, under 100 yards. To think many wanted bama left out. Shameful shameful shameful!

BamafanNPC

3rd Team
Jan 3, 2007
Pell City, AL

Been watching for 26 years, and it was the best I have ever seen. I was in school in 92 and thought that one was great. This one is AWESOME! RTR!!!!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

All things considered, best of all-time IMHO. With tonight's performance being the capper!!! RTR!!!!

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

LOL . Not to rain on the parade , but ...

For one game when it mattered most ? Maybe so . Best unit ever ? NO . I've posted before that after the season I would post something which will provide a lot of perspective when it comes to comparing all-time best UA defenses from the modern era . There's a decent gap between the '92 unit and the 2011 defense . The 1979 defense is superior in most areas as well , but the game was played differently back then . Look for an endless post by the end of the week .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.