Honey Badger

MVKTR2

1st Team
May 29, 2008
I'd add to my previous post that Bama has a true Soph. CB also who hasn't received all the 'recognition/hype' that #7 has. My money is by the time they're both Sr. Milliner will be the better draft prospect.

^^^ Keeping in mind the kind of 'run' #7 got it's just one more mark against the Hypeman trophy which is generally a joke of an award.

EH_SWVA

Dec 4, 2011
He's another Pacman Jones with a slightly better nickname. We'll be seeing a mugshot soon for sure.

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
The LSU fans are saying it took all our guys to take him down on that play. I think if he would've stayed on his feet, they would've pushed him into the endzone.
I think they were just getting in few good shots and holding him up for a little longer. I, for one, was glad Dre was in on that play also.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
yes, the player formally known as 'honey badger' shall henceforth be known as the sugar possum because he rolled over and played dead in the bowl game.

as for the other topics here: I agree that SP is a very, very good athlete, a very good return man and has a knack for the blitz.

that said, currently, he is at best an average cover corner. AJ and our BACKUP WRs exposed that. It could have been even worse for him, as there were a few plays where our WR did have him beat, but AJ made a safer throw (good for him BTW) underneath instead of risking something downfield against the LSU safeties. SP doesn't play with disciplined technique at all. He gets out of position and it's only his athletic ability that covers it. He also takes a lot of risks to try to make the big play. because of this, I don't think he'd be in the 3 deep at bama because saban DEMANDS discipline. Perhaps it's possible for him to learn better technique and gain some discipline, but who knows.

This is the one area where okie lite might have been able to actually have success. I think they would have gone after SP the entire game. They would have setup formations to isolate him on a good receiver and try to keep him from blitzing, and would have likely abused him all night. Sure LSU would have tried to make adjustments in their scheme, but I think OSU would have kept finding ways to go after him.

WildTusk

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 26, 2009
I thought the HB was the only LSU warrior with no quit in him during that game. I know he got burned a few times, but he was near the football on most every play and made some great open field solo tackles. He actually earned my respect on how he played with reckless abandonment. If I were to go to war and wanted had to have someone in the foxhole with fighting with me, he is the kind of guy I would want. There's no shame in being disappointed after losing a hard fought game.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
you must not have watched the last part of the game. sugar possum quit and went and sulked on the bench.

you also identified the problem - he's reckless and not disciplined. He was around all those plays because we went right after him, successfully. many of those great open field tackles were made because he got abused in coverage. and trust me, the last thing you want in a guy next to you in a foxhole is reckless abandon. reckless guys get shot and killed, and sometimes get the squadmates shot and killed also...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
That is awesome. I thought it was unprecendented how the networks totally abondoned his real name for a totally unrelated nickname. Mount Cody RGIII or Magic Johnson contain real names. A nickname used by the media will ultimately be used as a point of ridicule as he is finding out right now.

TeachlovesBama

Nov 24, 2011
KARMA can be a real -----. I've never in all my days as an Alabama fan disliked any other player as much as this guy. He had it coming. RTR

Last edited by a moderator:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
My favorite play during the game was during an attempted punt return when he got hammered and pushed back for a loss.
You got it alllllll wrong. You see, that was him knowing that he HAD to do something BIG to kick start HIS team like he had done all year long becuase he KNEW it was up to HIM. /pinhead media types

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
yeah, This guy has made a living this year by teams trying to throw away from him and he comes in to "steal" the ball. He's a good player, but I wonder if we will hear much from the "Honey Bun Badger" next year.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
The LSU fans are saying it took all our guys to take him down on that play. I think if he would've stayed on his feet, they would've pushed him into the endzone.
They were feeling the effects of all that purple-cupped Jim Beam they'd been drinking all day. The play I saw? Dre stood him up and 8 or 9 Bama players took their turn on him. I was at the game, so I can't be sure...but I heard Brent Musburger even commented Bama wanted a piece of him.

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
Yesterday I posted the pic of the honey badger(The after game picture of the scary albino) on FB...I thought now that is funny, however the first person to reply to my post was my 30yo cousin from Scotland who replied within 3 mins and I immediately thought(Good Lord she is about to completely ruin my post) but it turned out to be hilarious:
HER:OMG cuz who is this????
ME:LOL,hysterically, leave it up to my Scottish cousin to be the first to reply! It's too long to explain Janice, just pretend he plays for the Scottish Football(Soccer) team that you don't like. His hair is like this and his nickname is "The Honey Badger"
HER:WA ha ha!!! OMG what a shame. Well saying that the majority of the team I least favor look worse ha ha ha!!!Joking!(Just in case the family read this) I'm the turncoat of the family
ME: Don't worry the Honey Badger is no relation to any of us on this side of the Atlantic!!! LOL

*** Sorry but I could not stop laughing---I thought she was gonna kill my post but she actually made it hilarious!(to me)

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
you must not have watched the last part of the game. sugar possum quit and went and sulked on the bench.

you also identified the problem - he's reckless and not disciplined. He was around all those plays because we went right after him, successfully. many of those great open field tackles were made because he got abused in coverage. and trust me, the last thing you want in a guy next to you in a foxhole is reckless abandon. reckless guys get shot and killed, and sometimes get the squadmates shot and killed also...
This was my opinion of the LSU defense in general after watching the WVU game earlier this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.