Does anyone have an idea who will be the starters on
offense and defense next year.

I was thinking the starting LB will be Hubbard,Mosley,Depriest and Nico Johnson

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
Here is my starting line up (IMHO)

Offense: LT-Kouandjo, LG-Warmack, C-Jones, RG-Steen, RT-Fluker QB-Mcarron, RB-Lacy, TE-Willams, HB-Jones, WR-White, WR-Norwood

Defense: NG-Ivory, DE-Williams, DE-Dial MLB-Nico, WLB-Mosely, SLB-DePriest, JLB-Hubbard SS-Sunseri, FS-Lester, DB-Milliner, DB-Williams

I may have CJ and Nico reversed, but that is what I would bet for our base offense and defense.

crains

1st Team
Feb 6, 2007
What will our depth chart look like next year

With our losses on defense, who will replace our key starters. I am not worried about talent but will lack of experience be a problem?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Offense: McCarron, Lacy, B. Jones, Warmack, Fluker, Steen, and M. Williams are probably there. I think after his performance and hopeful growth in spring ball, Norwood locks up one of the WR slots. I'd imagine Cyrus starts at LT and Jones moves to center. But we'll have a lot of guys compete at WR and there's no guarantee Lacy fends off Hart, Fowler, or Yeldon.

Defense: Square, J. Williams, Mosley, Nico, Lester, and Milliner are probably starters if they return. I know there's discussion of Lester leaving (leaning to go pro is what i've seen other posters say) and Jesse Williams might (i think he's still very raw, but who knows). After that, it's tough to say. We'll have a JUCO DB that could come in and compete like Menzie did; Collins will most likely see the field; Sunseri was decent in limited action. But I'd think Hubbard or Dickson is likely to start at Jack if neither outgrows the position. Depriest could be the Sam starter if he continues to develop (he's picked up the system decently from what I've read).

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: What will our depth chart look like next year

It was a problem in 2010, but it may not be a problem in 2012. It's tough to speculate because we'll obviously have different players from 2010, so these new young guys may fare better or worse. Just playing the law of averages, I'd expect a similar season to 2010, but with only 1 or 2 losses, rather than 3.

6packhero

Suspended
Jan 10, 2012
2012 is going to have a different feel to the entire team. Firstly, new OC. Second, it's not just the NFL players we are losing, but the core of this team has been together since 2008, or the entire run. Even the less talented guys like Hanks and Maze, etc. It's sort of the end of this era of players we've watched since the run began in 2008.

I don't expect another title in 2012, I'm not one of those fans with ridiculous expectations. Competing for the West is a given, though.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
What about John Fulton at DB? He should be just about ready to step in.
CB will be open competition. Fulton and Milliner have some experience and then we're adding guys like Geno Smith and Dixon (and possibly Belue) to the competition. Safety will also be open season if Lester goes pro. I'd expect Ha-Ha to earn a spot, but Sunseri was a quick learner, and Perry/ Williams have been on campus a while so they might be primed to explode on the scene. Add true freshman Collins to the mix and we'll have a lot of talent competing there. I'd expect the other spot to go to Sunseri with COllins being our dime guy.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Thanks--What about the Juco defensive backs.
Dixon should compete for time, as it seems CNS only brings in a JUCO if he expects them to contribute right away. The other DB is Belue and there is a discussion on his admission into school, but as far as I know, it's unclear what's going to happen with him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: What will our depth chart look like next year

QB - McCarron
RB - Lacey, Fowler, Yeldon, Hart, Sims
WR - Norwood, Bell, White, Cooper
TE - Williams, Underwood
LT - Cyrus
LG - Warmack
C - BJ
RG - Steen
RT - Fluker

DE - Square, Williams
DT - Ivory?
LBs - Nico, CJ, Depriest, ???
DBs - Lester, Millner, Sunseri, Ha Ha

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
here is my projection:

QB - AJ
RB - Eddie Lacy 2-TJ Yeldon 3-Demetrus Hart
WR Kenny Bell
WR Kevin Norwood
WR Deandrew White
YB - Michael Williams
HB - Harrison Jones
LT - Cyrus K
LG Warmack
C Jones
RG Steen
RT Fluker

Defense
FS - Vinnie Sunsuri
Dime HC - Dix
SS - Lester or Jarrick Williams if Lester goes pro
CB DeMarcus Milliner
CB John Fulton
Nickle Travell Dickson
RE Jessie Williams or Quinton Dial if Willams goes pro
Nose Brandon Ivory (suspect Alphonse Taylor will make a splash here or even possibly start)
LE Damion Square
Jack - Adrian Hubbard
Mike Nico Johnson
Will CJ Mosley
Sam - Tana Patrick

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
What happened to Duron Carter for WR? I thought he was the next Julio Jones - that's what everyone kept saying.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
My prediction:
QB- AJ McCarron
RB- Eddie Lacy/ Dee Hart
WR- Duron Carter/Kevin Norwood/Kenny Bell/Eddie Williams
TE- Michael Williams/ Brian Vogler
LT- Cyrus Kouandjio
LG- Chance Warmack
C- Barrett Jones
RG- Anthony Steen
RT- DJ Fluker

NG- Brandon Ivory
RDE- Quinton Dial
LDE- Jessie Williams
JackLB- Ed Stinson
MikeLB- Nico Johnson
WillLB- CJ Mosley
SamLB- Trey Depriest
CB- Demarcus Milliner
CB- Travell Dixon
NickelCB- John Fulton
FS- Hasean Clinton-Dix
SS-Landon Collins
DimeS- Vinnie Sunseri

PR- Dee Hart
KR- Bradley Sylve and Dee Hart
K- Jeremy Shelley(Short) and Adam Griffith (Long)
KOS- Cade Foster
P- Cody Mandell

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
my $.02 on Defense:

Sunseri will hold onto the empty safety spot, but I think he plays more like a SS than FS so we might see that switch

Milliner will probably grab one CB spot, and the two JUCO guys will fight for the other and for the nickel CB

DL - we might just see JW slide inside to NG. He's done that in some packages this year so wouldn't be surprised. Then we end up with him, Dial and Square on the field at the same time - likely our best 3 players there.

LB is very interesting as there is no shortage of talent. Jack is a somewhat unique position I don't really see any movement there. Hubbard will step up, but I expect to see Dickson in a lot of situations this year. Obviously Nico is a lock at one of the inside positions, likely MLB. CJM is also a likely lock as a starter, but then there is Depriest. Depriest could play SAM, but I really think he's much better suited inside. SAM is also the spot where we don't have anyone returning with game experience. We could see patrick or atchinson progress and take the job, but here is what I think happens. CJM moves outside to SAM, with Depriest starting inside. In nickel, either TD or Nico comes out, and CJM goes back inside. This is what the coaches did with Reamer in 2009 to best match personnel to packages. Just a hunch though

BaMaIsBaCk_2010

Dec 26, 2010
Do you guys think that Eddie W, Amari, Black and Cyrus J will get playing time at WR next year? Norwood looked AWESOME in the NCG and Duron is expected to be eligible to play, Kenny had some good moments in the year as well as White. Not too mention we have Slyve, 6'3" Shinn, and Woodson who have not really seen playing time. I really liked what I saw from Amari and Cyrus J in the UA game. Nice burst of speed and athleticism from both.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.