DT Eddie Goldman Updates (Page 10: 'Bama Eliminated?)

MS TN NC Tidefan

3rd Team
Jan 2, 2003
Huntersville, NC, USA
The last Goldman tread was locked down. Let's try to keep this one on track without sniping.

The last I saw he was suppose to announce on NSD. Sal was recruiting him; any impact due to Sal's departure?

I haven't seen or heard anything lately, and would appreciate any insight available.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Eddie Goldman - recent news?

Announced today that he is only taking 4 OVs - Alabama, Auburn, Florida State and Miami.

thatguy09

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 16, 2011

He was on a visit this summer . I know, I saw him at UA during camp. I pretty sure it was a unofficial visit.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

All vists are done. The 4 he took were OV. His mother said they are now focusing on a school of those 4 and seems to be making a decision soon. Before FSU wet theirselves like the UT fans and FSU are on their boards, remember the relationship established with Goldman and UA happened prior to Sal getting involved. Rumph was his lead recruiter for 2 years at Clemson, hence why Clemson has always been mentioned. He was only considering CU because of Rumph. Rumph is now at UA and will be his position coach. Sal may have been involved with EG but EG, his family have a stronger relationship with Rumph.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...spn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/east/#post-1543

The five-star defensive tackle from Washington (D.C.) Friendship won't take anymore official visits and is zeroing in on the schools he traveled to this winter and fall: Auburn, Alabama, Florida State and Miami.

“No we're not going to take it,” Goldman's mother, Sharon Davis, said of the unused fifth official visit that her son has left. “We've been talking it over the last couple of days and we're getting close to making a decision on one of the four schools that we've already visited.”

NoleTide

Scout Team
Dec 27, 2010
Montgomery, Al.

All vists are done. The 4 he took were OV. His mother said they are now focusing on a school of those 4 and seems to be making a decision soon. Before FSU wet theirselves like the UT fans and FSU are on their boards, remember the relationship established with Goldman and UA happened prior to Sal getting involved. Rumph was his lead recruiter for 2 years at Clemson, hence why Clemson has always been mentioned. He was only considering CU because of Rumph. Rumph is now at UA and will be his position coach. Sal may have been involved with EG but EG, his family have a stronger relationship with Rumph.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/east/?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblog%2fncfrecruiting%2feast%2f#post-1543

The five-star defensive tackle from Washington (D.C.) Friendship won't take anymore official visits and is zeroing in on the schools he traveled to this winter and fall: Auburn, Alabama, Florida State and Miami.

“No we're not going to take it,” Goldman's mother, Sharon Davis, said of the unused fifth official visit that her son has left. “We've been talking it over the last couple of days and we're getting close to making a decision on one of the four schools that we've already visited.”
Y'all got to stay of those paysites. Too many loonies on there. The board I'm a member of only thought it may help, but not seal the deal. Kind of how some on here thought when Stoops was rumored to be leaving FSU that it would help because they thought that was his main recruiter.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Y'all got to stay of those paysites. Too many loonies on there. The board I'm a member of only thought it may help, but not seal the deal. Kind of how some on here thought when Stoops was rumored to be leaving FSU that it would help because they thought that was his main recruiter.
Wasn't directed at you just people seem to make stuff up to help feed their own board trolls.

NoleTide

Scout Team
Dec 27, 2010
Montgomery, Al.

Wasn't directed at you just people seem to make stuff up to help feed their own board trolls.
Oh, I didn't think you were directing it at me. I co-sign 100%. I say he ends up with Bama, hard to turn down what Bama offers. The only thing going for FSU is the relationship he has built with Odell Haggins(main recruiter/position coach) and Timmy Jernigan.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Oh, I didn't think you were directing it at me. I co-sign 100%. I say he ends up with Bama, hard to turn down what Bama offers. The only thing going for FSU is the relationship he has built with Odell Haggins(main recruiter/position coach) and Timmy Jernigan.
He's not a done deal to Bama by any means. FSU is very much still in it.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

SABAN

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 29, 2011

Doesn't help losing Sal, but he is not his position coach so you never know how this will affect a recruit's decision.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Well I certainly hope we sign the young man.

That is of course if some of our posters here agree that we "need" him and are not already loaded at this position.. ;) :BigA:

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

To be honest I thought Maryland was going to be our biggest enemy with EG but now that they are not even listed in his final 4, I am a lot more confident.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Despite the SOP for team recruiting boards, DT/NT is a position of need. We have Lake committed and Philon might be a guy who slides inside in a 4 man front, I think Goldman is the most important remaining prospect out there for us as far as team needs go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.