J. Winston

Clarkmom

May 27, 2010
I really don't think that Winston has gone out to seek the media. I think it is the other way around. I think the media has focused on him. I know him personally and know that he is ready for the decision to be made and to get all of this behind him. He is a great kid. I think most of you would have a different opinion of him if he was verbally committed to Alabama. As for Roy's post being deleted - You were not really speaking the truth. It was your biased opinion.

RoyDMercer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2009
Disagree Clarkmom,

I've seen him play baseball and he would be considered by MLB scouts as a Project. Again, he is "Toolsy" meaning he has speed, meaning he would be in Instructs league to learn the game and then Rookie Ball thus taking him years to become A TRUE PROSPECT. ie, Destin Hood, Reggie Golden,

He didn't commit to BAMA because Saban will NEVER hand the keys to his program to 1 player and make it all about themselves. ie Cam Newton

Saban doesnt run trickery nor garbage nor a Bush League operation.

Neither does Gaspard nor Mike Martin (FSU baseball Coach)

I wish the kid all the luck in the world but is NOT a good fit at Alabama and knows this

Clarkmom

May 27, 2010
I think he truly has not made a final decision yet. I think it will all come out in the wash when the "toolsy" kid signs a huge signing bonus with the MLB.

RoyDMercer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2009
I hope he does sign a huge signing bonus! Tell me this, Is that what he is after? Do you know how many toolsy guys sign their signing bonus and washes out in the minors because thats all their after. The minor league is NO joke spending 4 to 5 years of your life trying to make it to AA

If this kid and his family are after the signing bonus, the NFL pays 10 times the signing bonus MLB does and the boy should go to FSU and play football .

Rolltidebball

Suspended
Apr 26, 2011
We already have 2 outfielders committed that are faster than JW and have OF arms that are stronger than his. These numbers are recorded on Perfect Game's site. Also, JW's batting average at the 5A level is not anywhere near the 2 outfielders already commiteed from 6A. Yes, he is a project and does fit the stereotype of what MLB teams draft. Regarding JW's mouth, he should be hosting Saturday Night Live. I could go on for paragraph's about how he has turned his recruiting into a circus, talking out of both sides of his mouth. He needs to keep his mouth shut like so many of the others. Some may say that these types of posts are wrong, but when you constantly open your mouth like he has, he opens himself up to it. He should have shut up starting this past June. Let's not wish him any ill will.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Lets for arguments sake, assume JW comes to Bama. CNS lets him play baseball. What position does he play?

Pitcher:
I have read where he is a low 90's fb with slider. Good stuff, but not legit/great stuff, just kinda over powers kids at his age. Not that this is uncommon. More or less he needs coaching from a bona-fide pitching coach or at least some who knows the position and what it take to coach a kid up.

IF:
He is a SS/P already, but from what I have read, again, he projects as either a 3b or outfielder. At 6'4" 190 bls. he may be too tall for the hot corner, not sure though.

OF:
This is where I think he would end up. Most projections I have seen have him in the OF. Now, the 6'4" doesn't look bad, actually looks good. The 190 pounds keep him light enough to be able to cover some serious ground.

So, what do you guys (who are actually reading this board) think? My vote again, is OF, one of the corners, probably RF, with some pitching responsibilities, maybe the next Roberto Vaz!!! Just lighter :)

CK
Not sure how my original post (posted above) turned into his recruitment, his "attitude", or anything other than possible projections one where he would end up playing position wise. The baseball board has always been clean for the most part. Coach JW caught heat on here in his day, but we can ride coaches, that is apart of it as long as it clean. DT has always run it right here by deleting posts that needed to be deleted as all the mods do. Negative posts/comments, per TideFans rules, are deleted, no questions asked. If you disagree, email him don't air it out for everyone to see or try and show him up. He is a Moderator, that is his job on this site to adhere to board rules. If you don't it could be vacation time for ya!

Last edited:

Rolltidebball

Suspended
Apr 26, 2011
Agree. Not worth talking about anymore. Was never coming here anyway. Let's focus on what we've got. Which is GREAT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.