Brent Musburger: "Fear the Tide Honey Badger!"

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I was watching the game on the DVR this morning. I found this comment from Musburger during the game. This occured with 9:44 left in the game and we punted to LSU and the Honeybadger was swarmed by the entire punt team. I guess in my exictement during the game I missed his commentary.
"Honeybadger picks it up dangerously. Honeybadger fears no man, but that time the Tide roared all over him. That was Kirkpatrick the gunner who got down. They've been working Kirkpatrick as the gunner all week long and this is what they wanted: a piece of the honeybadger. Fear the Tide Honeybadger!"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Brent Musburger: "Fear the Tide Honeybadger!"

I was watching the game on the DVR this morning. I found this comment from Musburger during the game. This occured with 9:44 left in the game and we punted to LSU and the Honeybadger was swarmed by the entire punt team. I guess in my exictement during the game I missed his commentary.
"Honeybadger picks it up dangerously. Honeybadger fears no man, but that time the Tide roared all over him. That was Kirkpatrick the gunner who got down. They've been working Kirkpatrick as the gunner all week long and this is what they wanted: a piece of the honeybadger. Fear the Tide Honeybadger!"
I missed that also. I'll look for it...

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL
It was great because Dre was the first there and kind of held Honeybadger up until his teammates arrived and POUNDED him into the ground. Dre celebrated as if he had just made the game-sealing INT.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas

Don't remember hearing that in the broadcast, but I remember the play. Some LSU fans, including one idiot at work was bragging on how it took 7 of our guys to take him down. I told him that is something you brag about when your guy is making forward progress. Not when he is being stood up and driven back 15 yards.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009

It was great because Dre was the first there and kind of held Honeybadger up until his teammates arrived and POUNDED him into the ground. Dre celebrated as if he had just made the game-sealing INT.
It was beyond a revenge hit/take out. I loved it because I know Dre had that in the back of his mind the entire game, he wanted that hit. Dre is REALLY fast. Not just normal person fast, but like super duper fast. Super Dre speed lol I have noticed it before too (even commented), but he swarms to the ball really quick.

I can't wait to see what he is clocked at during the combine, if of course he goes to it.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Yep..loved that. It was going into the commercial break after the punt.

Lady Crimson

Suspended
Oct 13, 2011

Brent Musburger is a Hipster Duffus, he tries to be cool but he doesn't really have a clue...

[/I]

I would rather have my teeth scrapped as to have listen to him!

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

I recall chuckling to myself when Brent said that.

I also recall checkling when they showed the much-hyped Honeybadger on the sideline pouting near the end of the game.

I

It's On A Slab

I hate Musberger.

Remember this lil gem from last year's BCS game: "This one is for ALL of the Tostitos."

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

It just irritated me. I hate how the talking head types sway in the breeze and go with whomever is winning or making the big play at the moment. Either be objective or pick a favorite and stick by your choice. :mad2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Musberger got on my list forever on January 1, 1986.

Oh, you don't remember what you were doing? You probably do. Here were the bowl games (and no, I didn't peek)

Rose: UCLA kills Iowa (Ronnie Harmon four fumbles, Eric Ball four TDs)
Sugar: Tennessee kills Miami, 35-7, ending Canes hope for title
Orange: OU beats Penn State, 25-10, to win national championship

And in the morning we had Must-bug-us doing the Cotton Bowl, which was Auburn (lost to Alabama on Van Tiffin's FG) versus Texas A&M (lost to Alabama 23-10, which included a Tiffin 57-yard FG). Brent proceeds to say (as Auburn starts to fall hopelessly behind in the fourth) about how Auburn is the "favorite team" in the state of Alabama. He then qualifies it by saying, "Let me add your favorite team that is PLAYING on this particular day. Dont' send me any 'roll tide' letters please."

You mean he doesn't know that we hate them? They were our "favorite?" Most Tide fans I'll bet were glad Kevin Murray and the Aggies thumped Pat Tie, 36-16.

I've hated Must-bug-us ever since.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i remember that from during the game. i also remember thinking at the time that it seemed like we were holding him up so that everyone could get downfield and get a shot ;)

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

i remember that from during the game. i also remember thinking at the time that it seemed like we were holding him up so that everyone could get downfield and get a shot ;)
I thought the same thing. I loved seeing Carson Tinker snap the ball then bust it down field to get a hit on #7.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I thought the same thing - I was hoping that didn't sound brutal, but it sure looked like it.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

he reminds me of one of the old bush league pro wrestling announcers on saturday morning tv.

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS

Luckily I was at the game and didn't have to get "worked" up listening to any announcers. I watched half of this years game against Auburn in mute just so I wouldn't have to listen to their fans. Is that normal? Lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.