Coach Fran has a Tell-All; Talks about Bama

TidePhin

All-SEC
Feb 25, 2005
Hoover, AL
Coach Fran talks about leaving Alabama, probation, the power of the Crimson jersey, and his knowledge of Cam Newton going to Auburn:
Here

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Fran can hold the rope - right after he tightens around his neck.

Anyone who did what he did to our kids has waited too long now to suddenly talk about it. It's sorta like OJ Simpson NOW wanting to tell his story when he could have done so in front of the jury.

And come to think of it that's a pretty good analogy.

Tideski

1st Team
Oct 21, 2007
North Alabama
I cannot decide if I want to give that DumbAggie a dime, because I would like to read the book. I want to take a sign to BDS when TAMU comes to town that says, "How did that Fran thing work out?"

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
He did us a favor by leaving, he is a liar & a thief, so is his son.
Ask hin how much stadium seats are going for & what is the going price on a secret news letter? Texas can have him.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I cannot decide if I want to give that DumbAggie a dime, because I would like to read the book. I want to take a sign to BDS when TAMU comes to town that says, "How did that Fran thing work out?"
I like the sign idea. Maybe we could start a "where's Franphony?" cheer when A&M comes to town.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Just wait six months or so and they'll probably be giving them away.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I listened to the interview. It brought back some not-so-fond memories.

I was especially surprised to learn that Fran "saved Alabama" with his 10-win season in 2002. Gee, thanks for saving us, Fran. :rolleyes:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I listened to the interview. It brought back some not-so-fond memories.

I was especially surprised to learn that Fran "saved Alabama" with his 10-win season in 2002. Gee, thanks for saving us, Fran. :rolleyes:
He got a lot of mileage out of that season. Too bad he never stopped to think about the reasons that season occurred. Namely, some 100 or dedicated young men. You know, the ones left holding the rope.

Lady Crimson

Suspended
Oct 13, 2011
I never will forget the morning that I heard a rumor that he had boarded a plane bound for Texas. The next thing I know there was Fran saying, "HOWDY" at a press conference in College Station.

It's just too bad that Fran is not still the HC at TaM since the Aggies are coming to Bryant-Denny this Fall...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.