News Article: Chris Samuels to join staff as Offensive Line Grad Assistant

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Great news on two fronts. He'll have his degree and he can help our team. Win-win for Bama and for Chris. RTR!!

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
I heard Dunnaway last week mention that Tim Castile was also back to finish his degree. He is interning at JOX. it would be good to have a pro Bama sports personality in Birmingham if those are his goals.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Here is another interview...
http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1322752

"I always wanted to coach football. I always was big into the video games, into helping guys out while I was in the pros, teaching things to young guys," Samuels said. "I knew once I got out of the league I wanted to go into coaching. I always said I would go into high school coaching just from the hours standpoint. You get more family time. But the more I do it, the love for it grows. I interned with the Redskins one year and enjoyed it. I enjoyed the high school gig. Now I get a college role and I'll judge what I want to go after full-time after the season."

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Word. Barrett Jones, Cyrus Kouandjio, and DJ Fluker learning more about how to play tackle from Chris Samuels. That's not even considering that we have an actual OL coach. I hear a collective gulp amongst the DL around the SEC.
Don't forget Justin Smiley, a former All-SEC and NFL guard, is helping in a support role as well.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
welcome back.

So bama has a pro OG already working with the line as a grad assistant. Now we have an all pro level NFL LT, who was possibly the best olinemen in the league when he was playing working with the line?

This is awesome.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If he can teach Fluker, Cyrus and any other tackle to play OL like he did, I'm all for it. Samuels was a beast and I'd be glad to have him instructing kids on how to play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.