Bama/USC postgame thread...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yep. Looks like NIT again. Not sure we can get past this loss. This was the beginning of the "easy" part of the schedule...

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I will not blame Green or Mitchell. This was a team loss from Coach Grant down to Ben Eblen. I'm putting myself on 48 hour ban b/c I have nothing nice to say about this team or this loss at the present time.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i still am convinced that the Vandy game was a must win and we lost it. By losing that game, i figured the team would lose confidence and thats exactly what has happened. doesnt help that we have a guy or two that have bad attitudes

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Unable to watch the game...

What was the problem? Did we, as fans, have too high of expectations for this team?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Thoroughly out coached.

5.4 left and we let their best player, quickest player, get the ball at the top, go right by a matador and no help anywhere

Our defense is getting worse and worse - do not understand why we press when we get hurt off it more than we create anything

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

What was the problem? Did we, as fans, have too high of expectations for this team?
It would appear so. Those expectations were based on talent - young talent plus experience where it was supposed to count, but where it didn't...

UA_Fan87

1st Team
Sep 15, 2008
Cullman, Alabama

I don't know what the problem is, we just looked out of sync on offense even on defense at times. I believe USC got more offensive rebounds than we did defensive rebounds, hard to win a game doing that.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
I think there is an issue that has poisoned this entire team.

Oh - and no way do I think Releford fouled when he poke-checked the ball off Ellington and was about to lay it in to give us a lead

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007

Going into the season I thought we had too high of expectations. Tonight we did not show up. We gave no effort and it did not look like we cared to be there at all. It had nothing to do with Green or Mitchell. Pitiful all the way around.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

This is one of the most talented teams Bama has fielded in the past 20 years.... they've just read to many press clippings and don't play as a team.
Too many players trying to make NBA highlight tapes instead of playing as a team.
Coach Grant called them out on it earler in the year and it's only gotten worse since then.
I really thing he's lost them and by the looks I've seen from him on the bench, he doesn't know what to do..... I'm pretty sure he's shocked by what he sees because the rest of us are, too. How can a team with this much talent be so bad.

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Alabama basketball is so frustrating to follow. Our offense is horrible and pi$$ poor defense on USC last possession.

HendersonKYTide

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2006
I have continued to drink the cool-aid but am just about ready to stop. I get up for every game and just get let down by what seems to be lazy uninterested play

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I love Coach Grant, but something is out of sync on the coaching end right now. Now sure what it takes to reach these guys, but something needs to get mixed up.

Roll Tide, anyway, dammit.

TravBAMA00

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2010
McKenzie AL
I don't post in this part of tide fans much or really anywhere alot but I lurk alot I watch as much basketball as I can. But tonight I would like to express my feelings about the last couple of games but im gone need a pass from someone high up to allow me to drop all of the F bombs that will be needed to say what needs to be said .

deuce_deuce

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2011
Hoover, AL
Not really anything wrong with our expectations. Few things i saw,1 We just can't fully rely on our outside shooting so we need to make more of an effort in drawing fouls to get to the free throw line. We shoot a decent percentage from there.2 Rarely are teams successful when they have to feed the post for the last shot. It is much easier to create an opportunity with something going toward the basket off a screen or pick.3 One of the differences from last year's team is the ability to win a game by not losing it. By not committing turnovers late or using the pump fake to draw fouls near the end of the game.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Team came in complacent as well..................

Even seeps over to Chris Stewart, who said things were looking up and Bama could not come out of the half complacent - Chris, ugghhh, Bama at half was up 2 over the last place team in the SEC.

Come out after half complacent??? Wimp would have snet them back out with their hair AND their fannies on fire............

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Not really anything wrong with our expectations. Few things i saw,1 We just can't fully rely on our outside shooting so we need to make more of an effort in drawing fouls to get to the free throw line. We shoot a decent percentage from there.2 Rarely are teams successful when they have to feed the post for the last shot. It is much easier to create an opportunity with something going toward the basket off a screen or pick.3 One of the differences from last year's team is the ability to win a game by not losing it. By not committing turnovers late or using the pump fake to draw fouls near the end of the game.
Great point - we do not feed the post guys during the game, so why are we throwing to a hobbled ??? Green who has shown a problem keeping possession when under pressure?

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I don't see ONE (1) player on this team showing any emotion....... not one. I don't see it on the bench, either.
There is no fire in this team and it's shocking.
They showed JG on the bench when he was injured and he wasn't involved at all --- didn't encourage the team, didn't acknowledge anybody. Hell, if I didn't know it, I'd have thought he was sitting on a park bench.
And he's our lone senior.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.