Joe Namath HBO-NFL Film on HBO starting tomorrow night

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Just watched it. Very well done. If you look up his stats they're not terribly impressive, but there's no question why he's in the Hall of Fame. I wish there were more documentaries about Bama figures that were so well done.

10/10.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I also would like to recommend this film. I only remember Namath when he was with the Rams, which was well past his prime. Seeing it allowed me to see how much he affected the football landscape.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I watched Joe play at Alabama. I watched Joe play for the Jets.
I watched Joe play for the Rams.

I remember when Joe opened 'Broadway Joe's' in Tuscaloosa...
Joe came in wearing a full length fur coat and sunglasses.
He really knew how to make an entrance.

Last edited:

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Dan, Was it Broadway Joe's or Bachelors III in T-town? I didn't go in that often but it seemed like it had the same name as Joe's place in NYC. I can't be sure. I do think Ray Abruzzese was involved in the ownership in T-town too. Ray died last year.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Dan, Was it Broadway Joe's or Bachelors III in T-town? I didn't go in that often but it seemed like it had the same name as Joe's place in NYC. I can't be sure. I do think Ray Abruzzese was involved in the ownership in T-town too. Ray died last year.
Now that you said it, I believe it was Bachelors lll.
Joe had a couple of partners if I remember it right.
My memory isn't what it used to be, or it might be that I was blitzed while I was there...
That was a long time ago.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.