Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. Arkansas Basketball ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This game was like craving good Mexican food and getting Taco Bell. You might be full, not really satisfied, but good enough to get you to the next meal......

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Bama had a couple of periods of offensive breakdown but they weren't super long like some games. They were able to adjust and score in different ways. One time during the game, the guards could drive and score; other time, feeding the ball inside worked. Not much on the outside shooting though.

9 of 10 Bama players scored.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Great to get a win - that can be a tonic in itself.

But I am not ready to buy in yet - lots of the same issues still show. Bama also gave up a lot of open 3s again. Our D is just not what it was last year.

The youth of Arkansas on the road showed at the end, and had they had Powell there is a very good chance we don't get the win.

Lotsa work to do, but winning again can be a great motivator

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

But I am not ready to buy in yet - lots of the same issues still show. Bama also gave up a lot of open 3s again. Our D is just not what it was last year.

The youth of Arkansas on the road showed at the end, and had they had Powell there is a very good chance we don't get the win.

We won, but there are still issues. We should have put them away a lot earlier. We made dumb turnovers, Took poor shots, and the effort was inconsistent. We are 3-4 with a week to work on things. If we don't fix the problems, We won't even get consideration for post season play and I'm not sure we should considering the RPI killing loss at USC.

Our offense looks like we never runs plays. We have to much standing around. We were so disciplined when the season began and now we are playing playground ball.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
We won, but there are still issues. We should have put them away a lot earlier. We made dumb turnovers, Took poor shots, and the effort was inconsistent. We are 3-4 with a week to work on things. If we don't fix the problems, We won't even get consideration for post season play and I'm not sure we should considering the RPI killing loss at USC.

Our offense looks like we never runs plays. We have to much standing around. We were so disciplined when the season began and now we are playing playground ball.
Disagree on effort; agree on turnovers; don't agree too much with the poor shot selection but there were a few. Bama shot 50% from the field. Offense still needs work but at least the players weren't dribbling a whole lot unless they were attempting to penetrate.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Most college teams run very few set plays. We run a rhythm offense that is designed to find open shots ..... you just move through the shot clock until you find a weakness and then penetrate....

I have no problem with the offense.... I think Cooper gets lost at times on the court -- and I think Hankerson tries to force shots at times as does Jacobs, but their effort is superb when they get to play.

I agree with previous threads about Green's strength seems to have been nearly zapped....as you can visually see he has lost weight with an attempt to be more of a perimeter player. It hasn't worked out.....

In the game when Mitchell knew he had taken a horrible shot and was getting ready to come out. He initially appeared to "experience" a slight hammy pain, and then decided to dive for a ball, and took a stage fall.....

It's things like that, that still need to be overcome. This team is quickly becoming Releford and Steele's team.... and that's fine with me heading into the last 1/3 of the season.

RTR

lorange

1st Team
Jan 21, 2005
It was interesting that Bama announced a sellout early in the week and had 13,100 tickets sold. It was an active crowd and create4d a great atmosphere. I wish we had some of that team energy at S.C.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Most college teams run very few set plays. We run a rhythm offense that is designed to find open shots ..... you just move through the shot clock until you find a weakness and then penetrate....

I have no problem with the offense.... I think Cooper gets lost at times on the court -- and I think Hankerson tries to force shots at times as does Jacobs, but their effort is superb when they get to play.

I agree with previous threads about Green's strength seems to have been nearly zapped....as you can visually see he has lost weight with an attempt to be more of a perimeter player. It hasn't worked out.....

In the game when Mitchell knew he had taken a horrible shot and was getting ready to come out. He initially appeared to "experience" a slight hammy pain, and then decided to dive for a ball, and took a stage fall.....

It's things like that, that still need to be overcome. This team is quickly becoming Releford and Steele's team.... and that's fine with me heading into the last 1/3 of the season.

RTR
Thank god for Steele. I don't where we'd be without him...

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

This pretty much sums up my view as well. Consistancy will obviously be the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.