*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 23)

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Re: *** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 15)

Bama is going to have "multiple" top 100 NFL picks every year at the running back position, if we keep this up. This is not a joke, it's a fact.

Watch out because I think Bama might even have two backs go in the first round of the draft one year, and three in the top 100........very soon. I'd say the odds are better than you would think.

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....and welcome Tenpenny, the sky is the limit for you, my son.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Anything can change in recruiting 17-18 year old kids, of course, but for now everything seems to indicate that the visit to Arkansas is just a courtesy and that he is firm with Alabama.

birdiebo

Feb 2, 2012
Bham

As my Uncle Yogi once said, "It ain't over til it's over." How many times have you been told, "It's a 99% done deal?" I, for one, will keep taking Valium and sipping Scotch til the fax machine starts humming on NSD. Cheers!

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

I agree! I think he could be the real sleeper of this class, if that's possible for a high 4* RB.
I think he is the most complete and most natural RB of the three committed. In my book he is no sleeper.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I agree! I think he could be the real sleeper of this class, if that's possible for a high 4* RB.
IMO, Tyren Jones is the sleeper of the 3 RBs in this class. the kid is dynamic, versatile, and elusive. I am truly looking forward to him in Crimson. and talk about not wavering, TJ has been solid as solid gets!!

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

When you look at Yeldon (6'2 215ish), Drake (6'1 205ish) and now Tenpenny (6'0 210ish) all three have the same body type. I wonder if thats a tell that Saban or Burton perfer that body type in the RBs?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

When you look at Yeldon (6'2 215ish), Drake (6'1 205ish) and now Tenpenny (6'0 210ish) all three have the same body type. I wonder if thats a tell that Saban or Burton perfer that body type in the RBs?
That is basically the same size and build of tailback we have recruited here under Saban since day one.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

That is basically the same size and build of tailback we have recruited here under Saban since day one.
We've recruited a handful of others - Hart, Grant, the kid who transferred to AU. However, when we get outside that mold, it seems like they have trouble getting PT...

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

IMO, Tyren Jones is the sleeper of the 3 RBs in this class. the kid is dynamic, versatile, and elusive. I am truly looking forward to him in Crimson. and talk about not wavering, TJ has been solid as solid gets!!
Because of what jenk mentions below, I wonder how Jones will be used. Will he be moved out to the slot in most formations, almost like a Wes Welker type? Used more on special teams for kick and punt returns? No doubt he will be a special player, but I'm very interested to see how he is used, given that Saban seems to prefer the wrecking-ball type backs.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Frankly, I would think coach is after the player not just an athlete with the measurables. That is, he is looking for a north south runner between the tackles with speed that can take and deliver a hit. I don't think it matters to him if a kid is 5'7" or 6'3" as long as he has a solid build and runs down hill.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

We've recruited a handful of others - Hart, Grant, the kid who transferred to AU. However, when we get outside that mold, it seems like they have trouble getting PT...
Earl, I know you're referring to the smaller back, but I'll let you break that news to Henry. :wink: I'm really excited to see what his size and speed will look like in our offense!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Earl, I know you're referring to the smaller back, but I'll let you break that news to Henry. :wink: I'm really excited to see what his size and speed will look like in our offense!!!
Yeah. Henry falls outside the mold on the other side... :D

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Yeah. Henry falls outside the mold on the other side... :D
So does TJ at 6'2". We heard the same stuff with TJ that Henry has been hearing about being too tall and runs too high, pad level, etc. and that did not effect TJ. I think Mark and Trent were more the mold at 5"9-5'10" and 220-225 lbs but TJ, Kenyan and Henry are changing the mold size.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Because of what jenk mentions below, I wonder how Jones will be used. Will he be moved out to the slot in most formations, almost like a Wes Welker type? Used more on special teams for kick and punt returns? No doubt he will be a special player, but I'm very interested to see how he is used, given that Saban seems to prefer the wrecking-ball type backs.
make no mistake, Tyren Jones is a tough, strong back that is not afraid of running up the gut. his speed allows him to bounce outside to avoid heavy contact and gained more yardage. he reminds me of another Dee Hart. let him get into the S&C program and he will be ready for SEC play in about a year or so.

JayRock

3rd Team
Feb 10, 2004
hueytown, al, usa

Because of what jenk mentions below, I wonder how Jones will be used. Will he be moved out to the slot in most formations, almost like a Wes Welker type? Used more on special teams for kick and punt returns? No doubt he will be a special player, but I'm very interested to see how he is used, given that Saban seems to prefer the wrecking-ball type backs.[/QUOTE

Have you seen any of his games? From the game I saw on ESPN this past season he looks like a Barry Sanders type RB to me. Speed, power and elusivness. Not saying he is Barry Sanders....but he is not a slot receiver. He is the least talked about of the 3 committed, but he is the one I am most excited about.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

So does TJ at 6'2". We heard the same stuff with TJ that Henry has been hearing about being too tall and runs too high, pad level, etc. and that did not effect TJ. I think Mark and Trent were more the mold at 5"9-5'10" and 220-225 lbs but TJ, Kenyan and Henry are changing the mold size.
Eddie Lacy was ideal as you can get for any RB type. 6'0 and damn near 240lbs. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.