*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 23)

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Re: tenpenny

I think it is safe to say our backfield will be superior for another 4 years with AT, dee hart, and Yeldon. I would be scared to play us.

redrock

Suspended
Sep 16, 2008

That workout is old school tough. I like it.

Top high school running backs know that Bama is the place to go for an NFL future.
Coffee - 3rd round
Ingram - Heisman, 1st round
Richardson - 3rd in Heisman, 1st round to be

Last edited:

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

His running posture is eerily similar to Trent's. I am guessing we'll hear more than a few comparisons to TR in the coming year.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Big, big coup here for 'Bama. If he can stay healthy he could have even more upside than Yeldon, which is really saying something to even put him in that ballpark.

On a side note, yet another recruiting fail for Bobby Petrino, and with DGB suddenly looking Mizzou-bound, it's shaping up to be a bad week on the recruiting trails of Fayetteville. Petrino is one heck of a coach, and he gets as much out of his players as anyone, but he's been there for four years now and it seems apparent that he's just never going to be much of a recruiter.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Roll Tide Altee! There's been some good RB's come out of Arky, so this is exciting. I'm just really amazed how early some of these juniors are committing. I think it is an advantage for the school. Kids can't wait til signing day anymore to commit to the big schools unless they are major 5 * players. I'm afraid Kwon Alexander was a casualty of not committing earlier this recruiting class.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

TP has all the attributes to be an extremely successful RB in UA. I think if he played his junior season, we would be talking about a top 10 prospect so I look for him to move up huge after his senior season and camps

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I think if he played his junior season, we would be talking about a top 10 prospect so I look for him to move up huge after his senior season and camps
Right, just like Trent Richardson, who didn't really blow up until the summer before, and during his, senior season.

Remember back when the eggheads at Scout.com had him as a low four-star because their armchair doctors / scouts over there thought he couldn't stay healthy due to the ankle sprains he had early in his high school career?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks for the link Glory. I did not know he finished 2nd in the SPARQ. He sounds very solid to us also. Can't wait to see him in crimson.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I think the fact that Arkansas under Petrino has generally shown an unwillingness and an inability to effectively run the football plays a big role in our favor here.

Either way, seemingly a good kid, and undeniably a great prospect. I wouldn't put this kid in Trent's ballpark -- not sure I've ever seen a prep tailback prospect like Trent outside of Herschel -- but he's way up on the list. He's probably a bit higher than either Ingram or Yeldon, which says a good bit. Just hope we can hang onto him and he can stay healthy.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Why has AT been downgraded to a 'soft verbal' on Rivals? Has there been a new development, or is this just because Arkansas is putting the full court press on him? Is there another school involved?

Hopefully it's just that he has decided to take visits. I hope we hold onto this kid...

Last edited:

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

Why has AT been downgraded to a 'soft verbal' on Rivals? Has there been a new development, or is this just because Arkansas is putting the full court press on him? Is there another school involved?

Hopefully it's just that he has decided to take visits. I hope we hold onto this kid...
Your right. He is just taking visits. As far as I know, he's still solid. A lot of guys can be listed as a soft verbal on Rivals when that isn't the case at all. I think any analyst can go in there and change a guy's commitment status.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Its hard for me to imagine Arkansas pulling him away with all the coaching changes and turmoil there, but it could be. Maybe he is upset about all the attention Alvin Kamara is getting. i hope we hang on to him too. There is plenty of room for good athletes on this offense. We play 3 RB's pretty regularly if they are all capable. Maybe the National Championship hype is wearing off a little.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Maybe the National Championship hype is wearing off a little.
you do realize that recruiting is usually at its best the year after winning the NC. even when we didn't the NC in 2010, CNS and crew still hauled in a Top 5 class. when Bama won the NC in 2011, Bama was rated #1 for the 2012 class with all the major recruiting services sans Scout. we were still REAPING the rewards for the 2009 NC. :cool:
Tenpenny is coming in the 2013 class.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.