*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 23)

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Re: tenpenny

Tenpenny was at a combine this weekend and ran a 4.47 after healing up from that broken ankle that keep him out of most of his junior year so good to hear that he's getting back into rare form and man, he's going to be a good one

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: *** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama ***

Not as thick/compact as TR, but its that same desire/ work ethic

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

"Hopefully, I can just follow up the great tradition they have and be the best they have," Tenpenny said. "That's all I can do. Follow up. Anywhere I go, that's my goal."

Still, despite his eagerness to make it to the Capstone, Tenpenny said he wouldn't mind having to wait for his chance to be one of the great next Alabama backs.

"I figure I can wait my turn," Tenpenny said. "And I can learn what a great running back there has to be that I do."

http://alabama.rivals.com/barrier_n...pt=content.asp&cid=1375013&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Just like Jones he understands the process. I love these kids that want to earn their spot and are not prima donnas.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

"Hopefully, I can just follow up the great tradition they have and be the best they have," Tenpenny said. "That's all I can do. Follow up. Anywhere I go, that's my goal."

Still, despite his eagerness to make it to the Capstone, Tenpenny said he wouldn't mind having to wait for his chance to be one of the great next Alabama backs.

"I figure I can wait my turn," Tenpenny said. "And I can learn what a great running back there has to be that I do."

http://alabama.rivals.com/barrier_n...pt=content.asp&cid=1375013&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Just like Jones he understands the process. I love these kids that want to earn their spot and are not prima donnas.
I agree. Most of the great recruits we are getting realize there is great talent and depth already on campus and they are going to have to compete hard just to get on the field, but they know if they do get on the field there is a great chance they will be playing in the NFL. I think Altee will find himself on the field sooner rather than later.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

That is great to hear. But we also show you don't have to be a multi-year starter to make it to the next level. TR only started one season and was a top 5 pick. Mark only started 2, Dre started for 2, Upshaw started for 2. Eddie Lacy is getting a lot of pre-season love and he never started a game and missed a lot of time with turf toe. As long as we produce NFL picks, most kids will be patient for PT.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al

That is great to hear. But we also show you don't have to be a multi-year starter to make it to the next level. TR only started one season and was a top 5 pick. Mark only started 2, Dre started for 2, Upshaw started for 2. Eddie Lacy is getting a lot of pre-season love and he never started a game and missed a lot of time with turf toe. As long as we produce NFL picks, most kids will be patient for PT.
Yeah, and what better place to do it than with the Tide and Saban? The answer is no other school!!! RTR

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Dareus only started 1 as well. I really don't get the I need to start from day one that some guys have and I love when recruits like Tenpenny and Jones are realistic about what it takes to play in college. The only position I can really see a team being wary of a guy only starting for one year would be QB, of course Cam disproves that but I think he is the exception not the rule. As long as you are a contributor for your first few years then have a standout season you will be just fine for the NFL.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Dareus only started 1 as well. I really don't get the I need to start from day one that some guys have and I love when recruits like Tenpenny and Jones are realistic about what it takes to play in college. The only position I can really see a team being wary of a guy only starting for one year would be QB, of course Cam disproves that but I think he is the exception not the rule. As long as you are a contributor for your first few years then have a standout season you will be just fine for the NFL.
Yep. I only listed a few; since Altee is a RB, our last 2 starting RBs I mentioned played a fair amount for a year (or two for TR) and then started one or two years and were 1st rounders (when a RB in the first round is falling out of style no less).

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

It's still football. Nothing more important than a third-and-one.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Even if you only play two years and get drafted in the 3rd round, you're more likely to have knees that can hold up for ten years - then earning money becomes a marathon and less of a sprint.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

this is so true. I remember Chris Carter was talking about Trent having a lot of "tread" left, when he was on some of the ESPN shows.
Even if you only play two years and get drafted in the 3rd round, you're more likely to have knees that can hold up for ten years - then earning money becomes a marathon and less of a sprint.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.