*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 23)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Ten penny reconsidering?

Unless the in-state appeal here is absolutely critical to his decision (which it certainly does not seem to be), I don't think we will have any concerns down the stretch. Arkansas has just imploded too much. With a ten win season and a big year from Davis I would have worried about a flip, but obviously that is not happening.

Besides, location isn't that big of a deal. Little Rock isn't exactly next door to Fayetteville, anyway. It isn't like he's out of Springdale. Fayetteville is three hours away, and Tuscaloosa is six. Not that big of a difference between the two.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Unless the in-state appeal here is absolutely critical to his decision (which it certainly does not seem to be), I don't think we will have any concerns down the stretch. Arkansas has just imploded too much. With a ten win season and a big year from Davis I would have worried about a flip, but obviously that is not happening.

Besides, location isn't that big of a deal. Little Rock isn't exactly next door to Fayetteville, anyway. It isn't like he's out of Springdale. Fayetteville is three hours away, and Tuscaloosa is six. Not that big of a difference between the two.
Correct. Fayetteville is basically in what they call the 'four state area'--part of the epicenter of Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas--and is part of the Tulsa, OK tv market. Like BET said, there is no geographic advantage for Arkansas.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

D-man, That's like saying there's no geographic advantage for us with Mobile kids. And there isn't except a lot of them want to play for their home-state school. Which category does AT fit? Given that Arkansas doesn't know its next coach, I would think the advantage rests with us. But if they land someone like Strong at season's end, he'd have two months to change some minds.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

I would think the advantage rests with us. But if they land someone like Strong at season's end, he'd have two months to change some minds. .
A new coach can bring renewed excitement to a program. We can bet Arkansas will try their best to ride that wave at the end of the season.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

The only team to worry about IMO if any is UGA. No RBs in this class and using 2 true freshman now. They are putting the pressure on TP and if he visits them watch out especially if Henry commits to UA in 2 weeks.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

The only team to worry about IMO if any is UGA. No RBs in this class and using 2 true freshman now. They are putting the pressure on TP and if he visits them watch out especially if Henry commits to UA in 2 weeks.
The only team we had to worry about and their was very little concern was Arkansas. They are going down faster than the titanic.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I watched a local Arkansas recruiting show Sat. a.m. They were stoked since Tennpenny was "coming back" again this weekend for the game. Not once did they mention he's coming to see Alabama or he's coming because it's Alabama. Nope, it was all just "he's back again so you have to take that as very positive for the Hogs". First, get for real. I think his "coming back" visit was indeed a very positive one..........for Alabama!!! :cool:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
True freshmen running backs on the field scoring touchdowns couldn't hurt our cause, could it?

Sent via Tapatalk because I'm hardly ever around a computer.

Dplymkr88

Suspended
Oct 25, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA

I watched a local Arkansas recruiting show Sat. a.m. They were stoked since Tennpenny was "coming back" again this weekend for the game. Not once did they mention he's coming to see Alabama or he's coming because it's Alabama. Nope, it was all just "he's back again so you have to take that as very positive for the Hogs". First, get for real. I think his "coming back" visit was indeed a very positive one..........for Alabama!!! :cool:
If you're Arky, why in the world would you bring him in for the Bama game. A game against a team you are competing for his services and 2) a team that is very likely to slap you around like a red headed step child, which would be a step up from what actually happened. Seeing the two teams in direct contrast must have made his decision to Bama that much clearer...

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

If you're Arky, why in the world would you bring him in for the Bama game. A game against a team you are competing for his services and 2) a team that is very likely to slap you around like a red headed step child, which would be a step up from what actually happened. Seeing the two teams in direct contrast must have made his decision to Bama that much clearer...
because anyone recruiting there, will not be there in a few months to continue to recruit him anyway.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Re: *** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 10)

True freshmen running backs on the field scoring touchdowns couldn't hurt our cause, could it?

Sent via Tapatalk because I'm hardly ever around a computer.
He has to be thinking - "Wow, Saban sure gets all his his backs involved in the game"

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.

I hope Altee Tenpenny stays with the Tide! Really great runnng back! Also, he always seems to have a smile on his face, like Christian Jones. This type of personality is great for the team! Roll with the Tide Altee!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

The comments on his instagram say he was flagged for that hurdle. Any idea why? That is pretty amazing--like that commercial where the guy flips over the other player--AT&T commercial, I think.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

The comments on his instagram say he was flagged for that hurdle. Any idea why? That is pretty amazing--like that commercial where the guy flips over the other player--AT&T commercial, I think.
In HS football, you can not hurdle a player unless he is already on the ground

RandallPoffo

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 17, 2012
*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 10)

is this the guy that just beat a 59yr old record for rushing? I remember seeing a short bit about it on espn but didn't catch the guys name. all I heard was about the record and that he was going to Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.