*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 23)

BAMA-RULZ

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2008
Re: *** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 10)

I believe that is Derrick Henry.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

is this the guy that just beat a 59yr old record for rushing? I remember seeing a short bit about it on espn but didn't catch the guys name. all I heard was about the record and that he was going to Bama.
That is Henry. Tenpenny is a whole 'nother bad, bad man.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JayRock

3rd Team
Feb 10, 2004
hueytown, al, usa

If it's true that Bret Bielema is headed to Arkansas, I bet the first guy he visits will be Tenpenny. With the way Wisconsin ran the ball he would have a great sales pitch.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

If it's true that Bret Bielema is headed to Arkansas, I bet the first guy he visits will be Tenpenny. With the way Wisconsin ran the ball he would have a great sales pitch.
According to Bielema, he doesn't recruit kids who are already committed to other schools. He believes there should be a gentleman's agreement. We'll see how well that holds up.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

According to Bielema, he doesn't recruit kids who are already committed to other schools. He believes there should be a gentleman's agreement. We'll see how well that holds up.
Yeah good luck with that down here...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

He may not have to "recruit" him, he may be approached by Altee. I can't blame him if he flips, he'd probably be getting instant carries.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

But looked at in a different light... Florida NEEDED Trent Richardson. He signed with Bama. We have it like that. :)

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

really doubt that. Altee has built a very good relationship with our coaches and players. If competition at the RB position is an issue, he might have flipped to other schools long time ago. Many schools will roll out the red carpet if he wants to give them a serious look...
He may not have to "recruit" him, he may be approached by Altee. I can't blame him if he flips, he'd probably be getting instant carries.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Instant carries have been promised by most of the 40+ schools who have offered. He may flip but it won't be for that reason IMO and I think Altee wants to win championships.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Tenpenny has stay loyal and will continue to. Also, this will be a whole new staff for Arky, Tenpenny hasn't had any contact with this staff and only will have a month to create a huge bond. Coach Burns is the best in the business and has a great bond with Altee. You guys are assuming a lot.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

It's not that I doubt AT's loyalty...that's not the problem. Arkansas, before, had no real pitch to him. Now he has a head coach who just sent a guy to become the all time leading TD rusher in history...and in all honesty, Ball is good, but not great. It would peak ANY recruits interest to at least see what they had to say. Especially when there were rumblings of him being in contact with a LAME DUCK Arkansas staff. I WANT him at Alabama, but I wouldn't blame him if he looked at the new staff...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Coffee, Ingram, Trent, Lacy.......

Why wouldn't you want to go to Bama if they want you?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

It's not that I doubt AT's loyalty...that's not the problem. Arkansas, before, had no real pitch to him. Now he has a head coach who just sent a guy to become the all time leading TD rusher in history...and in all honesty, Ball is good, but not great. It would peak ANY recruits interest to at least see what they had to say. Especially when there were rumblings of him being in contact with a LAME DUCK Arkansas staff. I WANT him at Alabama, but I wouldn't blame him if he looked at the new staff...
...lets wait to panic...and not assume too much...
lots of kids stay in contact ith other schools, and most dont change their initial commitment either.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Good thing Saban knew they were hiring Beliema since the start of this cycle and signed two other 4/5-star backs.

hehe

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

True freshman got a lot of carries this year at Alabama. And, the top RB is leaving.

The RB situation at Alabama is about the best you can get. Ask Lattimore how carrying the whole load worked out for him. If you're good enough, you will get carries and you will have your time to shine at Alabama.

Lacy is projected in the second round and would likely be the third straight Alabama RB to leave early for as a high draft pick. Lacy had to wait his turn, but he still got banged up even on limited carries.

Tenpenny goes to Alabama and the chances are he'll leave early, and healthy as a high round draft pick, which a championship ring or two. Logically it's the right move for him. Monte got a ton of carries and a lot of stats, but he played for 0 national championships and is projected to go lower than Lacy.

If you're a elite running back prospect, it's hard to go wrong with Alabama.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007

"I look forward to meeting him and going down to take my official visit and just have me and my family sit down and talk to him," said Tenpenny.

Next month, Tenpenny will meet face to face with new head coach Bret Bielema about playing for the Razorbacks. The running back verbally committed to Alabama, but with a new coach on the hill Tenpenny's agreement is not set in stone.

"I'm going down there, just to see how everything is, see how well me and him communicate and see how he gets the program to rally behind him," said Tenpenny.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/237563/2/2-high-school-seniors-possible-recruits-for-Hogs

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Hope we can keep him. It is hard to build a trusting relationship in 2 months. Hopefully, he still wants to win championships.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Ahh... Of course, Chittlins arrives to bring us the Arkansas spin on things.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005

I thought Bielema does not recruit players that are committed elsewhere. If so he should turn him away. Tiderinsider has an article title "No need to worry about Tenpenny", so that sounds good for us.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.