*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 23)

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Re: *** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 10)

"I look forward to meeting him and going down to take my official visit and just have me and my family sit down and talk to him," said Tenpenny.

Next month, Tenpenny will meet face to face with new head coach Bret Bielema about playing for the Razorbacks. The running back verbally committed to Alabama, but with a new coach on the hill Tenpenny's agreement is not set in stone.

"I'm going down there, just to see how everything is, see how well me and him communicate and see how he gets the program to rally behind him," said Tenpenny.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/237563/2/2-high-school-seniors-possible-recruits-for-Hogs
Do you live in Alabama or something? Because you only seem to show up when something positive is able to be spun for Arkansas.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

pretty obvious when you check previous posts. Remember the DGB recruitment last year?
Do you live in Alabama or something? Because you only seem to show up when something positive is able to be spun for Arkansas.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

pretty obvious when you check previous posts. Remember the DGB recruitment last year?
I don't think he's hidden his rooting interest. I thought he had admitted being Arky fan?? Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised with whatever tenpenny does because Bielema runs a scheme for running backs, but he's been committed to us. Both schools would appeal to me if I was him. A new coach is a new circumstance to consider.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

The sad part is if Chittlins was trying to impress us on his Ark knowledge he has added nothing we did not already know. Every UA site since late spring has suggested the piggies would be a team to look out for regarding TP. Even when the whole country knew Smith would not be the HC next year and still TP was visiting the piggies.

In the end maybe this is the thing that sways him, besides his coaches and everyone else in the state trying to keep him home. But in the end it is still the little piggies and as long as Saban is here i do not really care who they hire. And I wish TP the best of luck if he goes elsewhere, which I doubt he will, but we are at a point 1 player gone 5 more just as good waiting to get in.

TidernAR

3rd Team
Sep 24, 2009
Little Rock, AR

Not sure of Chits allegiance, but mine is all Tide, graduate of 1982, just happen to live in Arkansas. KATV Channel 7 in Little Rock just ran a video with Altee, who said about his recruitment, "it was a push, definitely a push", not sure what he means by that, there was no real elaboration. He did meet or talk with Coach B, which I find comical of the coach after his remarks from this past year.

Sorry, no link yet available on the TV news site. I will check in the morning to see if they put one up. Regardless of Altee's decision, one player does not make or break us, this year's team truly proved that, best coaching job by Saban IMO, RTR!!!

They put the video up on their site this morning, http://www.katv.com/category/189698/sports, sounds like he is saying "plus" not push, which makes more sense. Sorry for any confusion, old ears....

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Tenpenny looks about as solid as can be reasonably expected now, but the Arkansas hire will clearly help their chances here, and in truth we'll just have to wait until he returns from his official visit to Fayetteville before we can say anything more definitive.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Tenpenny looks about as solid as can be reasonably expected now, but the Arkansas hire will clearly help their chances here, and in truth we'll just have to wait until he returns from his official visit to Fayetteville before we can say anything more definitive.
well, with the RB recruiting class we're lining up, you'd almost expect one to begin looking at other options...

Once we got Derrick Henry's commitment, I was afraid we might lose one...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

If it's true that Bret Bielema is headed to Arkansas, I bet the first guy he visits will be Tenpenny. With the way Wisconsin ran the ball he would have a great sales pitch.
It'll be a great sales pitch right up to the point when Tenpenny asks about the ARKy OL.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Today Altee said "he couldn't wait to get to Tuscaloosa", and that he was "99% committed"...though he will take an OV to Arkansas the 18th (he'll be in Tuscaloosa the 11th).

Unless he has the most amazing first impression of Bielema and staff (he did say he wanted to see if he "clicked" with them), there shouldn't be anything to worry about...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Today Altee said "he couldn't wait to get to Tuscaloosa", and that he was "99% committed"...though he will take an OV to Arkansas the 18th (he'll be in Tuscaloosa the 11th).

Unless he has the most amazing first impression of Bielema and staff (he did say he wanted to see if he "clicked" with them), there shouldn't be anything to worry about...
I'm worried about the 1%. lol!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I don't know how coaching staffs can stand it. Kids that age are so flaky...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

That's the only worry I have ever had about Saban possibly leaving. As a coach, it has to get old dealing with such fickle kids...and it gets worse each year

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I don't blame AT for giving Arky a chance. A new coach and new program. He hasn't had a chance to meet them yet. I would do the same thing. And at least he is being honest about it. Some other players say they are 110% then go visit other schools. Lets give him a break. I hope we can keep him. I honestly feel he is our best RB prospect. better than Henry or Jones.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah, that's true of all recruits. Minds can change really quickly and for no apparent reason. For AT, I think it's worth it to him to check out Arky since its HC is more run-oriented and he would likely see more PT quicker there than at Bama. With us, he'd likely compete for more championships, but he'd likely have to be willing to wait his turn to be a starter.

I'm sure with some kids, the coaches are firm about not visiting other schools and all that, but I don't think we can do that with a guy as talented as AT. It just comes with the territory of recruiting elite level kids I suppose.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.