***ALABAMA Faxed LOIs Received Thread*** (continously updated)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
For those of us not as deep into this. I see we have 22 signed -- waiting on Collins, which makes 23. We are waiting on 4? If so, what four are we waiting for?

Thanks for the help!!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
just started two threads on the board..... Philon adding some drama and Gladney looks set to sign with texas tech
This is where the new 28 signee limit rule is stupid. He's likely headed to JUCO anyway, so why make him look around when he wants us and we want him, but we can't take a chance with a limit of 28. If he did qualify, we'd still have to fit him in with the 25/85 requirements. Let a kid enjoy his moment imho.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
For those of us not as deep into this. I see we have 22 signed -- waiting on Collins, which makes 23. We are waiting on 4? If so, what four are we waiting for?

Thanks for the help!!
Greene is still out there; Philon is left (see RTO's post); and Collins. Gladney went with TTU (we didn't send LOI with likely heading to JUCO)

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
This is where the new 28 signee limit rule is stupid. He's likely headed to JUCO anyway, so why make him look around when he wants us and we want him, but we can't take a chance with a limit of 28. If he did qualify, we'd still have to fit him in with the 25/85 requirements. Let a kid enjoy his moment imho.
I agree but they do need some limits in recruits. I'm still hope if he does go the JUCO route, that we get a chance at him when he clears everything up

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
I'm so impressed with rolltide.com's presentation. If you aren't watching it you need to go there. NFL draft feel with highlights of recruits now and an awesome board. Granted, there is no chick showing off her butt but top notch all around

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I agree but they do need some limits in recruits. I'm still hope if he does go the JUCO route, that we get a chance at him when he clears everything up
We do still have recruiting limits. We can only bring in or count 25 kids per class (on campus) and can't exceed 85 scholarship players on the roster. The new max signee rule just means that those with academic issues will probably not get LOI's (NLI's) from big-time programs even if they are "committed" because the school doesn't want to run the risk of losing a guy to academics. If a kid knows he's heading to JUCO, whats wrong with letting him enjoy NSD and be a "part of the class."

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I'm so impressed with rolltide.com's presentation. If you aren't watching it you need to go there. NFL draft feel with highlights of recruits now and an awesome board. Granted, there is no chick showing off her butt but top notch all around
Agreed. The board is cool and the announcement is almost like the draft. There is a lot of downtime now. I think they should work out something to fill more of the dead air time. They've done some filler stuff, but signee interviews (if allowed); getting a scout or writer on to talk in detail about each player (they've spent like 1-2 minutes per signee; I think they could do a little more depth with it). But it is the first version of this method and I think for the first production, it is very nice.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Agreed. The board is cool and the announcement is almost like the draft. There is a lot of downtime now. I think they should work out something to fill more of the dead air time. They've done some filler stuff, but signee interviews (if allowed); getting a scout or writer on to talk in detail about each player (they've spent like 1-2 minutes per signee; I think they could do a little more depth with it). But it is the first version of this method and I think for the first production, it is very nice.
What jumps out at me is when you watch the board live, the players' team logo is next to their names. I don't see one original logo. LOL. They're all ripoffs from NFL teams or college teams.

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012
So are we planning on taking 27? RollTide.com has 26 spots on their board with 4 remaining spots. Collins, Jones, Philon and Greene are still out there with Philon supposedly having signed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.