Bad News For People Who Hate Good News (economy added 243,000 jobs in January)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The Gelding Old Party couldn't punch their way out of a dry rotted wet paper sack wearing brass knuckles. For all the hand wringing of top conservatives not ONE had the stones to fight. They are perfectly comfortable sitting in the back of the bus as it goes screaming off the cliff. I say screw them all. Musical chair destruction will continue regardless.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Republicans can't see that far ahead....and (pre-empt) Democrats can't see the present.
I would agree. I mean, just yesterday, the GOP sets up a congressional hearing on the requirement that religious instiutions who are acting as employers having to provide contraception (remember: the GOP set this hearing up) and there are no women on the panel of religious leaders. Whatever one thinks about the issue, the party setting up such a hearing should think beyond their dang noses and invite at least one female cleric.
Nancy Pelosi beat up the Republicans for that gaff.
It's like shooting fish in a barrel...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I would agree. I mean, just yesterday, the GOP sets up a congressional hearing on the requirement that religious instiutions who are acting as employers having to provide contraception (remember: the GOP set this hearing up) and there are no women on the panel of religious leaders. Whatever one thinks about the issue, the party setting up such a hearing should think beyond their dang noses and invite at least one female cleric.
I thought that was hysterical. Just goes to show, we need a big broom in the fall, and everyone currently in office needs to go....EVERYONE. Not, "Oh, our guy (or woman) is great, it's everyone else" - nope every single solitary one of them. Send the message to the newbies - git 'er done, or git 'er gone.

I

It's On A Slab

Because in most conservative denominations, including the Romanist church, are patriarchical. Women aren't allowed in authority positions.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Because in most conservative denominations, including the Romanist church, are patriarchical. Women aren't allowed in authority positions.
Yeah, but it's not like there are no women clerics in the country willing to come speak on the subject.
Not being able to anticipate the critique from the Democrats was (typically) stupid on the part of the Republicans.
If Alabama were facing a team with a quarterback who was absolutely no credible threat to throw the ball, yet the opposing coach did not anticipate Alabama loading the box and stuff the run, well, the results would be similar.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, but it's not like there are no women clerics in the country willing to come speak on the subject.
Not being able to anticipate the critique from the Democrats was (typically) stupid on the part of the Republicans.
If Alabama were facing a team with a quarterback who was absolutely no credible threat to throw the ball, yet the opposing coach did not anticipate Alabama loading the box and stuff the run, well, the results would be similar.
A high school debate team would have been prepared better

coUrAgeWins

1st Team
Oct 30, 2005
Athens, AL
What we need are politicians who are more concerned about finding solutions and fixing problems than getting re-elected. But that's never going to happen in my lifetime.

I

It's On A Slab

What we need are politicians who are more concerned about finding solutions and fixing problems than getting re-elected. But that's never going to happen in my lifetime.
Welcome to Washington. Once elected, your congressman or senator leaves his party and joins the party of incumbency. All bets are off, allegiances change. It's all about keeping your job.

I wonder what the percentage is of members of congress who run on a "two term" vow, then immediately rescind that vow.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Like Allen West? He stands up for what is right. GOP leadership tells him to shut up. When he doesn't they write out his district. The leadership MUST be replaced.
The same Allen West who looks at Michael Ledeen as "his foreign policy hero"?

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I've officially reached a point where I don't believe anything I read, hear or see.....it's all manipulate and altered to form an opinion. I'm not a moderate -- as I lean toward conservative positions on fiscal issues, military and crime. I'm sort of all over the place on most social issues -- I do think we OVERTHINK much of them.

With all of that said -- the economy sucks. If the economy added 243K jobs -- I have no idea where they might be. Dems tell us it's getting better. Repubs tell us it's not. The irony is that 3 years ago -- in the same scenario -- the positions were reversed.

Until we get some statesmen back -- nothing else is going to matter. I do know that the country is not better off than it was 10 years ago, or 20 years ago, or 30 years ago....we are gradually trending DOWN. Those that blame Republicans -- please tell me how is that possible when we have more people living off the government than ever before? Those that blame the Dems -- how is that possible when the GOP continues to cater to Big Money over what's best for our future?

(Heavy Sigh).....

We need a scorched earth policy with regards to politics -- unfortunately that's not possible. I now think the clock is ticking....I just hope that when the sand finally runs out of the hourglass that anyone I love has long since passed.....but I don't think we'll last that long.

WOO HOO!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
More "good" news!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nemployment-benefits-run-out/?test=latestnews

Report: Millions of jobless file for disability when unemployment benefits run out

The New York Post reported Sunday that as unemployment checks run out, many jobless are trying to gain government benefits by declaring themselves unhealthy.

More than 10.5 million people -- about 5.3 percent of the population aged 25 and 64 -- received disability checks in January from the federal government, the Post wrote, a 18 percent jump from before the recession.

The Post noted that the more people file for disability claims, the better for the unemployment picture since those people are removed from the jobless rolls.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.