Andre Ware picks Bama for National Championship in 2012

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Did anyone see College Football live today? (Feb. 3rd, 2012) Andre Ware picked Alabama and USC to play for all the marbles this coming year. I don't understand how he come up with USC..aren't they on probation? Anyway, we lost some key players on the Defensive side of the ball. I don't think it will really matter though, due to our backups and reserves in those same positions with experience. Like they said, we don't rebuild, we reload. I think we could definetely make a run for the title next year as is. But to play USC? What is Ware thinking? I would give the Ducks a better chance to play us than USC, if we were to make it to the BCS NC.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Matt Barkley's bleach blond hair has lifted USC's bowl probation. Yes, their bowl probation is over.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Did anyone see College Football live today? (Feb. 3rd, 2012) Andre Ware picked Alabama and USC to play for all the marbles this coming year. I don't understand how he come up with USC..aren't they on probation? Anyway, we lost some key players on the Defensive side of the ball. I don't think it will really matter though, due to our backups and reserves in those same positions with experience. Like they said, we don't rebuild, we reload. I think we could definetely make a run for the title next year as is. But to play USC? What is Ware thinking? I would give the Ducks a better chance to play us than USC, if we were to make it to the BCS NC.
USC returns some great players. I dont see any problem with them being a favorite in the Pac-10. Oregon will lose their normal early game of the year then reel off a string of victories against creampuffs and be proclaimed as "maybe the best team in the country"

C Earl

1st Team
Aug 17, 2005
Cahaba Heights
USC still needs to learn how to play defense. that alone will cost them against some decent teams in the PAC 12.
See the problem with that statement is you said "some decent teams" and "Pac 12" in the same thought. Implying that there are more than one or two decent teams out there. Depending on what Stanford finds to replace their O-line and QB there might be three decent teams but I will have to see it first.

I'm not saying this to pick at your statement so much as the route a good team from the Pac 12 would take to slide into the BCSCG. If USC beats Oregon (at home) they could conceivably cruise into Miami.

Last edited:

MDB1981

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2010
Nectar, al
USC's starters may be as good as the other top teams, but what is there depth like? If its not good they won't be able to survive a season with injuies. I really don't know if there scholarship limitations has affected them yet

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
USC's starters may be as good as the other top teams, but what is there depth like? If its not good they won't be able to survive a season with injuies. I really don't know if there scholarship limitations has affected them yet
it will take its toll in the next 2-4 years. they will be fine this year, maybe next year as well, but the key will be injuries.

Last edited:

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
This recruiting class is the first that they have been limited to 15. They should be pretty good this year. Outside of Oregon it is difficult to see anyone really challenging them. Last year they played inconsistent against some mediocre teams, so they will have the challenge of playing their best against every team. I think they hedged all bets on this being the year, cause they will suffer for the next 5 years once this restrictions come into place.

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
Monty Kiffen is a really good defensive coach. As long as they have the numbers, they'll do fine in the Pac 10. I also agree with the numbers issue will really start to hit them in '13 and '14.... But I still don't see them as being contenders in the upcoming season. They'll have to show me something I haven't seen so far.

Last edited:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I would have liked Ware's comments better if he'd said something like "No way Alabama makes it back to the BCSCG... They lose too many defensive stalwarts from the '11 championship team!"

In football, the hungry achieve more than the anointed.
:pDT_old:

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
As someone pointed out before, USC would play Oregon twice on the way to a PAC12 championship. The effect of the sanctions haven't kicked in yet. Unless you have LSU in versus Alabama again, USC makes as much sense as any.

DaleC76

3rd Team
Dec 5, 2006
He was also asked who would be his second choice if it wasn't these two. He picked Arkansas to go if Alabama didn't, which is strange because I thought everyone had already conceded that LSU was the inevitable champ.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As for me, I'd love to see a Bama vs. USC matchup!!!

How awesome would it be to get #15 and send Kitten back home cryin'.

Bring 'em on!!!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
USC has the easiest road to the BCS National Championship game, in my opinion. They have as high a talent level as anyone, if not higher than anyone, in the Pac 12. While they certainly don't play an SEC worthy style of defense they do, at least, understand and attempt to actually play some defense. The schedule sets up nicely for them and, if they do what they should do in the regular season, the PAC 12 Championship game will be a home game for them.

I don't see anyone in with the Big Ten or Little 12 going undefeated or, at the very least, having the resume that an undefeated USC ten would have, much less an SEC champion.

They only have a few "tough" games and they're all spread out and/or at home. The PAC 12 still has a better reputation than most of even the other BCS Conferences and, being perfectly honest, that reputation is far, far above what they've earned.

If USC goes undefeated then they're in the BCS National Championship game. And they just happen to be the most likely team in a BCS conference - outside of the SEC - to go undefeated.

Sent from my Asus Transformer using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Too early people.

Obviously I hope we win, but lots of new players learning a complicated system and a lack of hunger will hurt.

Also - our off day is too early (October 6). We play MSU and then play LSU in Baton Rouge when they're coming
off their break. I expect UT will be somewhat improved as well but they play MSU the week before us.

I think LSU has to go off as the early favorite from the SEC - and yet I just have a hunch they will underachieve.

However - I thought that this year, too, and figured I was right when JJ got suspended. So take that for what it's
worth.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Well, USC may do well in the RatPac 10 but I think the scholly losses will catch up with them , IE injuries and depth . If they had to play in the humid southeast there would be a big difference. I just dont see Lame winning a NC, especially against CNS

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/pac-10/2012-usc-trojans-football-schedule.php

A link to their schedule. They have Hawaii and Notre Dame at home and play Syracuse at the stadium the Giants and Jets play in.

In conference, they have Cal, Colorado, Oregon and Arizona State at home. They travel to Stanford, Utah, Washington, Arizona and UCLA at the Rose Bowl. They could host the Pac 12 title game if they have the best record.

Would Vol fans cheer for us if we get USC in the BCSCG?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.