Living in Baton Rouge post BCSNCG

tideisarollin

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2012
Mobile Al
I just wanted to let everyone know living here was hard after we lost in November. I never stopped wearing my Bama gear though and I heard "tiger bait" everywhere I went including the grocery store and the McDonalds drive through. All I heard was how Bama was going to lose January 9th. Since the game all I hear is crickets. I go to the store in my Bama gear and nothing nobody says a word! I have been amazed at how many Bama fans have come out of the "closet" since winning here in Baton Rouge. Since the game I have heard Roll Tide around town more than I have heard Geaux Tigers. I hate living here and can't wait to get back to Bama as soon as I can find a job back in my home town of Mobile. I must admit though since winning the BCSNCG it has made this city almost livable! Roll Tide!!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I lived in Knoxville 1994-2002. I had to endure a seven game losing streak, a national championship and the Peyton mania. Not to mention seeing Fat Phil on TV on a regular basis.

The bookend games were nice, however.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I never really disliked Red Stick, just some of it's native inhabitants. Met some good people there and had some good times.
But after Bama lost to ND in the 73 Sugar Bowl, the reaction from who fans at the party where I was was (and they were all who fans)....well, let's just say it went way beyond obnoxious, and is one of the reasons I hate the who's.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I lived there when I was a kid.
There has always been a huge difference in the LSU fans after a loss.
A big painful loss, like to Alabama in the BCS crushes them.

For years, LSU was not a consistent winner, until Coach Saban taught them how to win...
Les Miles has continued the winning ways in Baton Rouge.
Now Coach Saban is teaching LSU how to loose... and it hurts the LSU faithful...
They are kind of quite now days.

CDsdad

Scout Team
Nov 20, 2007
Wayne County, MS
I work offshore. I was on a rig with about 50 corndogs for the NCG. There was lots of talking before the game and lots of long faces afterward. They all suddenly hated Miles and Jefferson.

It's funny. They think they deserve to win, after they finally won a couple. I asked a coonass once what it was like to suck for 45 years before winning a championship. He asked if I meant lsu or the saints.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I was in Baton Rouge for around two weeks last May on a work-related trip and was treated quite well. I've got to go back this year and I'm wondering if my Alabama gear will be as well-received in light of this past season's events...

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
The owner and golf pro at a driving range I go to here in P'cola is a big corn dog homer. Before the Nov. 9 game, he rattled on and on about how AJ wasn't going to be able to handle their defense, and they would beat us 35-10. But since then, I haven't heard a peep out of him.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
There are a lot of similarities between LSU and Auburn fans. When your teams goes through decades of relative obscurity, once you taste some success, it's difficult to take humiliating losses. LSU has put together their best years ever given CNS laying the foundation. Based on the crushing NC loss their fans have been humbled and are MUCH tougher to find these days.

One difference, however, between LSU and Auburn is LSU is going to remain a very good team and in the mix for the SEC West most years. I think Auburn will remain an average SEC West team.

bamala2

Jan 4, 2007
Have lived in Shreveport since 1965, and been a Bama fan since 1960. Am thoroughly enjoying wearing my Bama gear everywhere out here along with a great big ol' grin. Love yelling out "Roll Tide" to anyone in my vicinity wearing purple & gold. It's just a great time to be a Bama fan, and I'm cherishing every moment of it.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I party with several groups of LSU fans at Talladega infield and it's always been fun talking back and forth. I'll bet they won't talk as much trash as they did back in October. I can't wait to walk into their midst with the "2011 National Champion" shirt I have. All in all, they have always been great fun and the only time I can remember one getting out of hand (severally wasted), he was carted off by other LSU fans and not so politely told to shut the ..... up.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The Mother of one of my Grandson's schoolmates was always dressed in purple and gold and having a lot to say to us during the season, especially after the November game. She won't even make eye contact with me now.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
That`s why being a "poor winner" sets you up. I`ve always found it better to be somewhat humble in victory, with just sort of a quiet, "Well of course we won" look.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
That`s why being a "poor winner" sets you up. I`ve always found it better to be somewhat humble in victory, with just sort of a quiet, "Well of course we won" look.
Exactly! I never say anything to them. I worked for a company from 1973 to 1984 where one of my coworkers was a ut fan. When I came into work after the '82 game another coworker said the ut fan wanted to see me. I told him the ut fan had nothing to say to me because I had said nothing to him for the previous ten years.

BRougeBama

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2006
Baton Rouge
It's been over a month and a lot of my buddy's are still in hiding. These things heal in time. The thing is, I'm not a trash talker. They ran there mouths for a month and I just stood there and smiled. I really think that ....ed them off more.:)

When Bama beat Florida in 09, Pensacola was an even more beautiful place to be. And the beat downs there after made it even better. With that said, I think being in lilweezieana has probably been remarkable especially when the clock struck 0:00 on that Monday evening!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonDynasT

2nd Team
Sep 23, 2007
I live in Shreveport and saw a purple and gold bumper sticker that said "Don't blame me, I would have played Lee"--this beatdown would affect LSU for a LONG time!!! They may never get over it.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
i just wanted to let everyone know living here was hard after we lost in november. I never stopped wearing my bama gear though and i heard "tiger bait" everywhere i went including the grocery store and the mcdonalds drive through. All i heard was how bama was going to lose january 9th. Since the game all i hear is crickets. I go to the store in my bama gear and nothing nobody says a word! I have been amazed at how many bama fans have come out of the "closet" since winning here in baton rouge. Since the game i have heard roll tide around town more than i have heard geaux tigers. I hate living here and can't wait to get back to bama as soon as i can find a job back in my home town of mobile. I must admit though since winning the bcsncg it has made this city almost livable! Roll tide!!
roflmbo! Loooooove it!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.