Poll: Which One Meant More To You? 2009 or 2011?

Which Was More Special To You?

• Total voters

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
2009. It had been so long since we had one, the anticipation of that one was off the scale for me. I hope that after the next 3 or 4 in the next 8 yrs that it doesn't become old hat. I remember in the late 70's that it seemed that we as a fanbase became to matter of fact about championships and did not yell at the games like the game meant something. we all need to maintain our rabid enthusiasm for the Tide. (have not read the whole thread. hope I didn't step on anybody)

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
2009 because it was such a great feeling to be back on top. Also because my Saints won the Superbowl. At my age, I said that to have Bama and NO win their championships in the same year again will not happen in my lifetime. Lol

BSBHVR2

3rd Team
May 13, 2011
Alabama
I don't think I could say one meant more than the other. On the one hand, the perfection of 09 makes it special. On the other, beating LSU to win the title was waaaay more satisfying than beating Texas.

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
They both mean the same to me, I guess, though for different reasons.

The 2009 game was especially awesome because I was THERE with my best friends and got to march in the Rose Bowl. It also meant the first time since I was 3 that we won that game!

The 2011 game was especially awesome because of the April 27th tornado, the midseason loss, and the SHUT OUT. Also, it means that Auburn's first NC in a million years will forever be bookended by two Alabama NCs.

I think they're pretty evenly awesome in different ways. :)

BamaClay

Scout Team
Jul 23, 2007
Tar Heel State
Split on this one.
2009 was a special year. Mark and Trent were so exciting to watch. Cody's blocked field goals and of course beating Tebow and UF. A fun year.
2011 was fun, too. Trent had a great year and a blast to watch. The beat down of the barn felt so good. Enjoyed the championship game more.
Voted 2009

chris

All-SEC
May 17, 2001
loxley,al. 36551
I am sure all our trophies have different yet equal importance. I recall talking with a lineman from Bryants first Bama team and he said nothing will top the 61 championship. His reason, when Bear showed up Bama football was dead! I imagine Earle could shed some light.

wrathin

Suspended
Oct 30, 2011
It's got to be 2011, 12-1>11-2 with both losses coming to the same team (and in my eyes would have undoubtedly shifted the balance of power away from us.) would have been terribly hard to swallow. In '09 Texas felt like (as has been aptly put earlier in this thread) a coronation. If we had lost it would have been a monumental upset (that is probably just the homer in me talking though.)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
It is a tie. 2009 because I wanted it so bad -- it had been sooooo long.

2011 just to shut up the "they didn't even win their conference" crowd. I laugh when I think of all the rough drafts which had to be trashed when Bama won the game.

Rough drafts about how (once again) a team who did not deserve to be there got hammered. Once again about how this Bama loss showed the need for a playoff.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The 2009 team took care of business each and every week, went undefeated, won an SEC title, and won the national title with a 14-0 record. That one is more special to me; however, I do think this year's team was a better team that absolutely dominated every team they played except one. They did everything they needed to do in that loss to LSU except score more points. Their failure to beat LSU at home cost them the SEC title and an undefeated season. We had to count on some luck with other teams losing just to get a second chance at the title this year. In that respect, 2009 was more impressive to me.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
2009 just because it was our first NC since 1992, our first BCS/NC win, we beat Texas for the first time, Mark Ingram won the school first Heisman, and we beat Florida in the SECG (revenge game). I already knew 2011 was going to be special before the season even started. :)

Last edited:

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
2009 felt like getting a giant monkey off our back.

2011 was a frustrating season in that we lost at home to LSU in OT and had to depend on other teams to lose in order to put us in a position to get to the championship game. The 2011 championship game itself was FAR more enjoyable than the one for the 2009 championship, but the 2009 one meant more to me because it was just such a relief!

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
2011 because I live in lee country and get to say its been a long time since Auburn has won a title the same way I had to hear that crap for a year but something tells me that Auburn won't be able to "get me back" anytime soon. :)

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
2009 was incredibly special because it was a dagger to the heart of all our enemies who tried to destroy us after the 1992 season. And as we all know, they thought we were dead. The fact that Coach Saban accomplished this in only the 3rd year and still feeling the effects of probation, I believe is one of the greatest feats in College football history.
2011 was special in a different way because this was a throwback to some of the great teams we've had. What a pleasure to watch all season only to cap it off with one of the greatest performances ever. And yes, I did watch it again yesterday.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
2011 because it righted the wrong of November 5th.

I was the last person on earth to think that we had a shot at getting to the NCG after that game - especially given all of the other teams who had a shot at it.

For all of those teams to then not get it done, thus affording our boys the opportunity to execute as they did on Jan 9th has provided me w a natural high which I am still riding.

That being said, both teams were on a mission.

And how exhilarating that both accomplished their missions...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.